Re: BD-E Debug Console [FOUND] + Setup Menu [FOUND]

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

oga83

Re: Re: BD-E Debug Console [FOUND] + Setup Menu [FOUND]

Post by oga83 »

How do you send them ?
If you have the debug console, what do you see on it ?
luttjebo

Post by luttjebo »

Anyone that gained access to the BD-E menu's found anything related to toslink audio delay ?

I found out the hard way that the audio delay settings in the regular settings menu only works for the HDMI output for various reasons. As I'm using a BD-E8300 connected with HDMI to my projector and via toslink to my receiver, I'm suffering from lip sync issues depending on the content I'm viewing (HDTV DVB-C seems ok, 720p/1080p 24fps mkv not ok).
oga83

Post by oga83 »

I didn't find anything in the setup menu related to toslink audio delay.
The only thing I found is 'Number of optical : 0' wich is weird because my BD-E8300 really has one !

It won't solve your issue, but I'm also using a videoprojector (with audio on a separate amp) without any lip sync issue.
luttjebo

Post by luttjebo »

That is interesting. Are you sure we're talking the same setup here ? Audio delay via HDMI works fine, it's the toslink connection that breaks the clock, causing the delay (or so I have been told)

What device are you using and what firmware ?
oga83

Post by oga83 »

I meant "Factory setup menu"
Also I didn't find anything in TDM

Device : BD-E8300/ZF
Firmware : B-ECBHRDEUC-1007
nobody

Post by nobody »

excuse me, but how to enter setup menu without the serial console?
I can do that on D and ES series with a reprogrammed remote, but I can't on BD E8900 (latest firmware version 1012)

I know about FANET and the "dirty" serial/ir combined trick.
oga83

Post by oga83 »

nobody wrote:I know about FANET and the "dirty" serial/ir combined trick.
Then you know how to enter the setup menu ;)
See here
nobody

Post by nobody »

No. My question is: how does samsung enter service menu now? Probably it uses some different IR codes. I wonder why nobody found them.
oga83

Post by oga83 »

nobody wrote:how does samsung enter service menu now?
I am quite sure they now use FaNet (USB or serial) :
FaNet has some functions related to micom, configuration, serial number, calibration, ... There is no reason for these functions to exist if they are not used during production.

Before digging into FaNet, I have scanned all possible IR codes with the Ethernet multi-function interface and a script that was also checking the feedback on the debug console. It took a while ;) and yielded to this Key codes table; I did not find any IR codes for KEY_FACTORY or KEY_3SPEED.
gball

Post by gball »

After (newbie stupidity) buying a non-UK BD-E8300, I found myself with a /ZF model that does not have UK as a country. Following instructions, I soldered up the Exlink / serial debug line, and was able to send KEY_FACTORY (59) and get the factory service menu (and change to M/XU) - however it does not have any country settings in the dropdown.

Did anyone figure out whether KEY_3SPEED (which appears to be 60) does anything on this DVR/PVR, with some clever combination? And does this unlock an 'extended' factory menu? (i.e. if there are actually two factory menus, one perhaps with country codes not greyed out)

Return to “BluRay Players”