BD Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

efaddotus

Re: BD Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Post by efaddotus »

i've got a bd ht-e5500 with firmware 001006. i want to know if i downgrade it i can play movies on samba cifs share drive?
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

Hello Samsung Friends!

What a nice community that I running here ;)

Could someone please help me out.....?

I've had the BD-D7000-ZF player for almost a couple of years, but would like to try and see how alternative fw runs and what it gives. I'm currently running fw 1013(I believe it's the newest soft available as I write!), and have tried the so called dns trick to switch to SamyGo soft, but without luck.

Each time the last couple of days I try to download soft on my BD-D7000 with the dns server settings 149.154.159.143, I get the error: Failed to connect. Error Code 800 Resource Error.

As far as I understand, this player is supported in using the dns trick as it uses fw B-FIRBP7WWC
I have tried to completely factory reset and turn power off for 30 secs, but still the same error occurs.
Adding dns to my router and player also gives the same result.

Searching around here on this forum the last day hasn't given me any hints in how to continue.....

Thanks in advanced, to the ones who has an idea and doesn't mind sharing their knowledge!

Cheers to you all! :)
NPinUK

Post by NPinUK »

Hello all,

I own a HT-E 5550 blu ray system (U.K.)

I have been reading through this forum all day yesterday and tried to downgrade my software for my BD player but no success. I get the 800 resource error. I successfully did it earlier in the year and everything was working. But I have been away for a month and when I came back my bro has been playing with everything and updated the FW to the most latest 1015.1 may 13th (on samsung site).

Reading through the last few posts it seems were all having a similar problem. Is there any chance any developers can confirm that the DNS trick does or doesn't work any more. Is it possible samsung have updated there latest firmware for it not to work.

Thanks for all the info on here because without it most of us wouldn't know where to start.
akvernberg

Post by akvernberg »

My HT-E8200 still gets the error message after downgrading.

Model Code: HT-E8200Series_ZF
Software Version: HTB-E5500WWB-1011.1

Have followed all the steps for downgrading and all that works fine.
But, when I play a Cinavia protected movie I still get the Error Message Code 3.

When I try to download the server version it always stops at differens percentage.
Found out that if I choose to cancel when the download precentage has frozen and then
choose no to quit, it starts downloading again from where it stopped.

Anyway, when I have downloaded and installed the version from DNS 149.154.159.134
it still shows the Error Message Code 3.

Help please....
IMG_1972.JPG
IMG_1970.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

you have to apply and use patched exeDSP.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
akvernberg

Post by akvernberg »

juuso wrote:you have to apply and use patched exeDSP.
Thanx for your tip juuso.
I googled around "patched exeDSP" and it seems to me like you have to be an SUPER (Samsung) engineer/developer to
do this so called "pacthed exeDSP"???

Is there any easy description or "pactched exeDSP - for Dummies" laying around somewhere???
As of now I just hate my HT-E8200...
:evil:
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

check bluray wiki page. but some linux knowledge is needed for your goal.
if you don't like, buy original disks and your problem gone.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

marwan22

Post by marwan22 »

I think, i have to buy original disk, because it couldn't found
RockStar

Post by RockStar »

So I tried downgrading my BD-E8900S but I get the "No firmware availiable" message. The player is currently running 001008. Samsung has 001014 avaliable on their servers but I havent dared upgrading to that. Any advice?

Is this player not supported?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

You don`t need any downgrade, your firmware is ok.

Return to “BluRay Players”