BD Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

NPinUK

Re: BD Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Post by NPinUK »

Thanks juuso for clearing that one up. Unfortunately a bit too complicated for me. I dont have problems streaming as I can do it through es7000 smart tv. Discs r the problem. So all that my HT-E 5550 is good for now is the surround sound. What a waste. Hopefully some technique will be out in near future that will help us noobs.

Just a quick question. If I was to make a 1:1 copy of a original blu ray movie for backup purposes, which im sure many people do, would this back up disc not work on my blu ray. I dont own a original bluray movie to try.

Thanks

P.S. I wont be buying Sony products any more. What bulls**t. Its there fault.
RockStar

Post by RockStar »

juuso wrote:You don`t need any downgrade, your firmware is ok.
So can I Cinavia patch the firmware Ive allready got? Or should I try and find B-ECBHRDEUC 1011.0 somewhere online, patch that and update the player through USB? I take it the firmware isnt availiable pre-patched anywere?
Sorry for being such a noob.

Im talking about this patch ofcourse:
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/ExeDSP ... Free_Patch
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Some of firmwares (first ones... one is already on your device) were shipped without cinavia protection. That`s why i say you don`t need to do something. Forget firmware upgrades and enjoy your movies.

You don`t need any patch or whatever.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
RockStar

Post by RockStar »

well i tried watching amazing spiderman yesterday only to get the cinavia error message so I know my player is infested.

with that in mind, would you guys consider supporting the player?
Devilsmile

Post by Devilsmile »

Hi everybody im trying to downgrade my BD D5300-ZX but no success, I readed the first post and as it says the last firmware supported to downgrade is SWU_B-BRCM53BSP_001030_I05_ES000KS000RS000DS000_121019 but unfortunely i have B-BRCM53BSP 1031.1 and i started to have problems with cinavia, i use minidlna to stream movies it works fine until today because i started to see the cinavia warning in a few movies at streaming, I think it applies only for blurays disc but i see it was wrong, anyway, theres a posibility to get a downgrade from this firmware? i tried to do the downgrade following the steps but it shows that there are no software available to downgrade
Regards
Shadow29

Post by Shadow29 »

Hey - I am totally new to this - never needed to modify a BR player before - but last night I was watching a movie from my media server on my BD D5500 - screen suddenly went purple but audio continued - I had to reboot it and reload movie - but at reboot I got told I needed to update firmware - so I did this and when finished I reloaded my movie and got Cinethingy code 3 warnings.

I have tried the "DNS trick" to get SamyGOE installed - and successfully installed it (and when launched I get the nested message) but I cannot FTP or anything. There was no patched firmware for me to install as per DNS trick instructions.

I am not stuck on firmware version "2013/02/14_001031".

I have tried using the DNS server change to get a firmware downgrade but constantly get no upgrade available. I can confirm there are no networking issues. I am a Cisco engineer and have closely watched the realtime logging of all devices in network, and it is definitely getting sent out to the correct DNS server etc... no denies, and lost packets.

Someone please advise how I can get this resolved????

Thank you in advance
Devilsmile

Post by Devilsmile »

Well i think we dont get the downgrade not for a network reason and just because of the patched firmware doesnt apply for the version we have in the BD (B-BRCM53BSP 1031.1 or others not supported), i hope soon the new firmware versions can be supported for the downgrade
xptruy

Post by xptruy »

Gracias por el firmware.
robbottin
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by robbottin »

I own a BD-E6100 with latest firmware (1060).
I need the downgrade to perfom the dvd region free trick.
GadgetUK

Post by GadgetUK »

Trying to downgrade my BD-D5300 to allow me to apply the dvd region hack, DNS settings changed, but not firmware updates available.

Please help.

Return to “BluRay Players”