BD Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

punkguy

Re: Firmware Downgrade D-Series (SamyGO Proof of Concept, BD

Post by punkguy »

arris69 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:29 pm
chicky2207 wrote:Hi, do you planning downgrade firmware for HT-D5550?

Thanks for reply.
no, no plans for "downgrade" for FIR* based devices.
What does this mean? What are FIR based devices? Does this include. HT-E4500 network blu ray player / Home theatre? Sorry to have replied to you I can see you are very busy but if you can shoot me a quick yes / no answer may prevent wastage of any more of my time (and yours. Obviously)

Thanks
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: BD Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Post by greenhorn »

Hi,
Sorry for the delay. FIR means devices that include that letters in the firmware. You can post a photo of the FW version and will check.
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
kevinallein

Post by kevinallein »

Sorry if my question is stupid, but I have searched now for a while and cannot find the answers:
- I found in this thread the comment, but the patched firmware cannot be installed through the USB method, but only through the DNS trick. But can someone please explain, why it behaves differently ?
- My biggest question is, how the version number is encoded in the firmware and how it can be patched. In the start of this thread, the following statement is made: "firmware for some devices are not patched, it's original samsung firm with just changed versions number to xx90". So could this be done for any Samsung BD player, also my BD-J5500 ?

Thanks
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

It couldnt be done via usb unless you know how digitaly sign your modified firmware.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
kevinallein

Post by kevinallein »

OK, now I understand. I would have thought, that the Signature is checked the same way, whether you use USB or Network, but apparently this is not the case. Could you please also answer the second question, how to patch the firmware version number ? Would that allow me to downgrade my BD-J5500 to an older firmware version, where I can still enable region free for DVD playback ?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

No, Samsung fixed that trick about 5 years ago (from early E, you have J, do the math).
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

...and DNS trick does not work anymore. No advice at the moment.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
xaviermecon

Post by xaviermecon »

Hi, please help me!!!

I have a BD-H5900 with fw version 1016.3 of Nov-2017. I can downgrade fw version ?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

NO.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
l1mpo

Post by l1mpo »

@zoelechat i'm about to buy a used D4500... there's nothing i can do to clear Cinavia from it ? Read above that "no plans for "downgrade" for FIR* based devices." i've checked the firmware for the HT-D4500 in Samsung website and it is a FIR firmware... but then on the first page i see patched FIR firmwares... so i'm a little bit confused !!

Can you tell me the best models to search for ? i mean the easiest ones to patch Cinavia ..

Thank you

Return to “BluRay Players”