BD Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

jl110679

Re: BD Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Post by jl110679 »

Please help, no firmware available in server.

I did everything described in the posts and always I get info: "No software to upgrade currently"
I did reset to player, changed DNS in both player and router to 149.154.159.134, switched off for 5 mins unplugged from power source and always get this info.
Please any hints how to proceed?

Model: BD-HP85000BD-D5300-ZX
Software: BSP-D5300ZX-1031.1
xiaoxing

Post by xiaoxing »

Hello,

I was trying to downgrade my Samsung "BD-5300" that currently is on firmware "SWU_B-BRCM53BSP_001031_I05_ES000KS000RS000DS000BS000_130214" - As expected : I got the message "No new firmware available".

Will this firmware will be supported for downgrade to 1015 in the future?

Thank you (from France)
Darkman89

Post by Darkman89 »

jl110679 wrote:Please help, no firmware available in server.

I did everything described in the posts and always I get info: "No software to upgrade currently"
I did reset to player, changed DNS in both player and router to 149.154.159.134, switched off for 5 mins unplugged from power source and always get this info.
Please any hints how to proceed?

Model: BD-HP85000BD-D5300-ZX
Software: BSP-D5300ZX-1031.1
Same problem to me. I have the same firmare and i get info: "no software to upgrade currrently" too. :|
topplus

Post by topplus »

MerseyRay wrote:Hi all,
I have a HT-D5500 and sucessfully down/upgraded 1016 to 1116

Movies seem to stream fine over the network without that nasty infection, but DVD's will not play now.
The DVDs are region 2 as I am in the UK, but the HT-D5500 is now saying im in the wrong region :(

I dont have the remote for the HT-D5500, I just use the tv remote or my iphone/ipad to control it.

How can I play my region 2 DVDs again without putting the infected firmware back on ?

Any help is appreciated.
Strange, Samygo patched firmwares 00111x need also to patch the exeDSP.

Are you streaming from samsung allshare?

I have also a ht-d5500, but im stuck in the ftp/ssh access to patch the exeDSP.
rainie
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by rainie »

novack wrote:I OWN THE samsung HT-E6750W when I follow your instructions it download the firmware 1090 but it still have cinavia. Please help!!
@novack

Hi. I have the same E6750W model ,And I have downgrade the firmware before ,but still have the cinavia.
what did you do,Can you share the step for us ??
chuckbennett2001

Post by chuckbennett2001 »

I have tried both 46.4.199.222 and 149.154.159.134. I set the DNS manually on my router and both BD players (BD-6500 C & D Models) I unplugged router and modem and turned off the players, then went outside for a smoke. Upon my return some 10 minutes later, I re-started the modem and router and turned on the players. Then I double checked the network settings to make sure everything was correct (and of COURSE there is no internet service. I assume the static DNS simply reconciles the player's request with the URL for your data server and not Samsung's). Then i repeated with the C Series player. I used both DNS addresses for both players. The D Model consistently reads "No Firmware Available" and the C Model reads "Cannot connect to Network" Meanwhile C has Firmware V# 1027 and D has (God help me!!) V 1031. Just shoot me, please! My DLNA is dead in the water with this Cinavia infestation. The damn players are too big to use as bricks or paperweights and I don't need any doorstops. Please help before I throw these f______g things out of the window and build a HTPC.
Thanks,

Chuck In Georgia (South of Atlanta, not Tbilisi)
gatorojo

Post by gatorojo »

Hey there guys, well, i've tried to do this magic downgrade, but not succed...

I have the lastest firmware... so i think there no file, because when i've go to the internet update option, it says "there is no update available" or something...

My BR info is this

Model: BD-HP8500BD-D5300-ZX
FW: BSP-D5300ZX-1031.1

Well... thanks for everything... i hope there could be a way to go down soon.

PD: Maybe i did something wrong... anyway thanks again.
PD2: Is there a default DNS to se my bluray... i'm getting some issues connecting... thanx
KKen

Post by KKen »

I'm not having any luck either and could use some help

My Blue Ray is a BD-D6500ZA
BSP-D6500ZA-1025.0

I changed the DNS settings in the Blue ray to 149.154.159.134
I left all the other settings (IP,Subnet,Gateway, unchanged)
I have a router but made no changes to it.

When I tell it to do a firmware update via the Internet I get an error code 601 operation time out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ken
KKen

Post by KKen »

After doing another major search through this forum I found someone who states both
the router and the blue ray player have to have their DNS settings changed
to 149.154.159.134

On my router I have dd-wrt firmware. There are 2 different areas showing a DNS entry both
currently set to all 0's.

I will try this again and change one of them along with my blue ray to the new DNS settings.

I am a little confused one what the difference is between "patch" and whatever else might be available
for download. I have firmware 1025 and want to make sure I downgrade to the next level lower
that solves the problem.

Thank you
Ken

KKen wrote:I'm not having any luck either and could use some help

BSP-D6500ZA-1025.0

When I tell it to do a firmware update via the Internet I get an error code 601 operation time out.

Thanks
Ken
davidx

Post by davidx »

KKen wrote:After doing another major search through this forum I found someone who states both
the router and the blue ray player have to have their DNS settings changed
to 149.154.159.134

On my router I have dd-wrt firmware. There are 2 different areas showing a DNS entry both
currently set to all 0's.

I will try this again and change one of them along with my blue ray to the new DNS settings.

I am a little confused one what the difference is between "patch" and whatever else might be available
for download. I have firmware 1025 and want to make sure I downgrade to the next level lower
that solves the problem.

Thank you
Ken

KKen wrote:I'm not having any luck either and could use some help

BSP-D6500ZA-1025.0

Thanks
Ken
davidx wrote:Samsung BD-D5700 (downgraded from 1028 ==> 1015 successfully).
Tested movie file: PROJECT X (.mkv file play smoothly with no Cinavia crap)

Here's what I did:
<> Power off Bluray player with "no disc" in tray, unplug cord off the wall for 5 - 10 minutes.
<> while bluray player is off the wall, change the DNS from your wireless/DSL/router/modem network to 46.4.199.222
<> I had 2 DNS, so I just put both using the same as 46.4.199.222
<> click "Apply", then "Reboot" router
<> plug bluray power cord back on, turn power on bluray player via control
<> go straight to "settings, network, network status, IP settings," and change DNS from bluray player to "Manual," then change DNS to 46.4.199.222, then click "OK"
(I didn't even do anything with IP address, Subnet, and Gateway, I leave those in Auto Mode)
<> exit out, and turn off bluray player with remote, unplug cord off the wall for 5 minutes
<> plug bluray power cord back on, turn power on bluray player again via control
<> go to "settings, support," then wait 15 secs for "software update", click "update from internet"
<> it should download software XX90, just wait til download completed
<> then upgrade now, once it's done, power off, wait for 1 minute, turn power on again
<> now go check the version via settings, software and it should be [Current Version: 2011/08/05_001015]
<> after downgraded successfully, remember to change both your DNS from router and bluray player back to normal.

Hope this helps for future BD-D5700 owners.
After downgrading for almost 1 year, I can say that my Samsung BD-D5700 (downgraded from 1028 ==> 1015 successfully) now still works flawlessly.

I don't know about others, but I have to have both my "Bluray DNS" and "DSL/Router DNS" set to the same DNS # to (46.4.199.222 last year) work/downgrade successfully. I've seen a few other D5700 members having success by doing this. Try it and see how it goes. Last year I downgraded, the DNS on 1st page is "46.4.199.222", but now it's different, so you should try the newest DNS available on the 1st page.

Good luck.

Return to “BluRay Players”