c8200 hdd partition format?

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

kamazepine

c8200 hdd partition format?

Post by kamazepine »

Hi
So I bought this almost new c8200 bluray player with a 250gb hdd. vious owner took.out the hard drive and formatted the third 200gig partition to ntfs. Now the player wont let me read anything besides bluray and dvd discs. Not even mp3 from a cd nor any avi or mkv. Dlna detects my pc server but shows no files to play. All intenet @tv functions wont work cause when trying to download a widget I get a not enough space message.
The hdd part in settings shows a 4gb drive with 0 available space corresponding to a 4gb xfs partition (As seen in gparted)
The hdd has the following structure
Sda1 ext2
Sda2 ext3
Sda3 destroyed By previous owner now formatted to ext3. (Any other filesystem leads to the player hanging after afew seconds from boot)
Sda4 4gb xfs
All partitions except sda3 had an lba flag.
Strange thing is that the info part in settings shows the model number as c8500, I thought that if I set it back to 8200 it would get back to work but I cant get access to the service menu.
I tried flashing with newest firmware but to no avail.

Does the c8200 have system files on the hdd (like codecs or other runtime libraries) or any particular folder structure?
So If any of you guys has a similar unit could you please provide the correct hdd partitions format?
anyone got access tothe service menu? Samsungremote app fails to send the keycodes.
kamazepine

Re: c8200 hdd partition format?

Post by kamazepine »

I think i'm all alone in this mess.
Anybody with a working c8200/8500 please share your filesystem structure please?
I keep getting that no space available error when trying to install a widget and none of the multimedia functions work (can't read photos mp3 or avi's) only playback bluray and dvds.
any help would be greatly appreciated
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

You should have your hdd formatted to xfs. Have you tried?
BD should re-create filestructure itself. But i wonder if here is no option to format your hdd to required filesystem direct from bd user menu???
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
kamazepine

Post by kamazepine »

yes i tried, i keep experimenting with different fs combinations.
on one of the french forums i found that there a re seven partitions on the drive. still waiting for some good soul to share the original hdd layout.
kamazepine

Post by kamazepine »

Ok, so after a few months of lonely on-and-off fiddling with the hard drive's partitions I finally got it to work and I have a 100% working bluray player :).
I don't think there's still somebody interested in this problem but if you went in the same mess I'd be glad to help.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

doch! please post your solution. It can be key important info for someone... :-)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
totolos

Post by totolos »

Hello! The same problem that you solved? I hope I get an answer.
kamazepine

Post by kamazepine »

here's the partition scheme for a working intenal hdd. Got it by trial and error. the actual sizes can be modified to your needs, all that matters is the partition layout and correct filesystem. recommended tool is gparted on linux but you might as well use some partition utility on win as long as it supports ext3 and xfs.
Hope this helps!
bluray drive config.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tuckeral

Post by tuckeral »

kamazepine wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:58 pm Ok, so after a few months of lonely on-and-off fiddling with the hard drive's partitions I finally got it to work and I have a 100% working bluray player :).
I don't think there's still somebody interested in this problem but if you went in the same mess I'd be glad to help.
Yes I'm interested in this problem!

Attempting to fix a BD-C8200M player for the in-laws. (was hanging after about 30secs playing any DVD and no recorded files available). The HDD management listed the hard drive as 3.5MB instead of 250GB so something was clearly amiss. So looked to me like a hard-drive failure. So I attempted just swapping out the hard drive for another but that doesn't work without some more detailed fiddling/prepping it seems. It's mentioned above to format the new hard drive with xfs... so I'll see if I can read up on this and attempt that. At the minute with the new hard drive just put in (without any additional prep) the player just switches on and hangs after about 10 secs so I can't even get into the menu or anything. If xfs format doesn't work otherwise guess I've got to try and re-create your 7 partition disk structure pictured above (cheers for adding the info).
Audeliy

Post by Audeliy »

Anybody with a working c8200/8500 please share your filesystem structure please?

Return to “BluRay Players”