[App] Rooting E, F (and H?) Bluray

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

NeoMoucha
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E and F Bluray

Post by NeoMoucha »

I don't understand it - today only telnet on port 5023 works and ftp or telnet on port 2023 not working... what is wrong again? :(
I love SamyGO :)

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

NeoMoucha wrote:I don't understand it - today only telnet on port 5023 works and ftp or telnet on port 2023 not working... what is wrong again? :(
Very good :D That's always problem with incorrect/broken SamyGO_data directory :) No need to re-root :) Just fix SamyGO_data directory :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

NeoMoucha
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by NeoMoucha »

well I reformatted the usb, copied all files fresh and still the same... :(

CactusRich
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by CactusRich »

Folks, I really need help. I have my FM59C rooted and the cinavia patch installed. It took a while for me to do this, but I was finally successful. But my problem is in getting the OTN turned off. Is there any chance of specific step by step instructions being given on how to do this. I read the write up on How To Send Factory+3Speed Keys, but I am lost. I have to admit I am not as adept as some of you other folks on here. Is there a particular program I should use for FTP ??? TelNet? If it is done from the command line, what is the proper syntax to use?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Right now I am insuring no firmware updates can be done by setting the DNS in the BD player to some manual fictitious DNS number. That way my local network works fine, but it can't see the internet. Functional, but it would be nice to be able to turn off OTN.

One more question.....I got my hands on another F5900 FM59B with firmware 1003 installed on it. Is this firmware without Cinavia? If it is susceptible to Cinavia, will it root with the files available, or will I have to update the firmware to make the root work (I know, that was more than one question).

Thanks much.

NeoMoucha
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by NeoMoucha »

Have you tried this through telnet?

Code: Select all

/mtd_rwcommon/SamyGO_mount/opt/privateer/usr/bin/samyGOrc -p $(pidof exeTV || pidof exeDSP) 31; /mtd_rwcommon/SamyGO_mount/opt/privateer/usr/bin/samyGOrc -p $(pidof exeTV || pidof exeDSP) 59
(http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/How_to ... SPEED_keys section "samyGOrc (Rooted E/F ONLY)")

IronHooi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by IronHooi »

How to launch SamyGO_Bluray_F from SmartHub?

sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

IronHooi wrote:How to launch SamyGO_Bluray_F from SmartHub?
You have to click on icon and choose "launch" :) or whatever your device allows to run/launch the app :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

CactusRich
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by CactusRich »

NeoMoucha wrote:Have you tried this through telnet?

Code: Select all

/mtd_rwcommon/SamyGO_mount/opt/privateer/usr/bin/samyGOrc -p $(pidof exeTV || pidof exeDSP) 31; /mtd_rwcommon/SamyGO_mount/opt/privateer/usr/bin/samyGOrc -p $(pidof exeTV || pidof exeDSP) 59
(http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/How_to ... SPEED_keys section "samyGOrc (Rooted E/F ONLY)")

I tried to FTP to copy the SamyGOrc files to that directory....but I couldn't get the FTP to connect....I know I am obviously doing something wrong, but not sure what it is.

pguizzesamygo
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E and F Bluray Players (no Cinavia ;))

Post by pguizzesamygo »

Please HELP!

My BLURAY player is a F7500

I've successfully put the software on a USB key and after numerous retry, I can now see the SAMYGO app on the SmartHub and launch it.
All the checks are green except one (see picture).
Existing /mtd_rwcommon/SamyGO_mount/rcSGO' ? is RED.

When I reboot the player has mentionned.... nothing happened.
What should happen then ? a new screen ?
It is asked to reboot and "activate SAMYGO"...what does that mean ?
Cinavia protection is still present and apparently nothing has changed.

I've tried to launch the browser after reboot but nothing happens.

What have I done wrong ? Is the RED point above the cause ?
Should I install or do someting more to remove the Cinavia protection ?

Thank you very much for your help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zoelechat

Post by zoelechat »

Rooting is not expected to say welcome or well done once applied :)
Did you check if you had Telnet/FTP access?
Did you try to follow Cinavia removal procedure then?
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “BluRay Players”