[App] Rooting E, F (and H?) Bluray

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E and F Bluray

Post by JeppeTh »

chaosmaker wrote:I have exactly the same problem JeppeTh, on top my HT-F5500 seems to just be restarting every now and then... whenever it feels like it. I'm not sure why it would do that...
You mean that the ROOT is lost?
I'll see if I instead can program my remote with some codes to find some service menu - but I doubt it's because of that.
I'll also try a number of reboots the next time - just to see if its some temporary. I mean - it seems like device is kind of slow in detecing USB drive.
chaosmaker
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by chaosmaker »

Oh no the root seems to work (I'm on 1019 apparently).
I cannot get into any extended menu, and my HT-F5500 randomly reboots.
chaosmaker
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by chaosmaker »

Right, so apparently, when the HT-F5500 is running, and I don't open an App, then it doesnt reboot.
I also noticed that it seems to break mostly when it adds the virtual USB etc...
I was wondering if all I need is the cinavia patch, can I choose not to run run1.sh? Is that a viable option?

Also if someone could help decipher the issue JeppeTh and me are having with trying to disable OTN on our systems that would be great.

Thanks
chaosmaker
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by chaosmaker »

Wishfull thinking... after about 1h of running it just rebooted again...
JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

This is what i looks like when root doesn't work. Perhaps it's due to OTN, but currently it's unknown how to disable that (since how to reach service menu is unknown). Restart/Retry didn't help, only re-root...
samygo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ebg
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ebg »

Hi
To those who had success in installing samygo on a BD-Fxxxx (or other BD, i have the F6500)
* could you get it through wifi (I couldn't, got the "network interference error, error code 013", yet webbrowser is functionning so the wifi bluray connection is good)
* how many byte is it indicated right below the SamyGO_Bluray_F icon in smartHub (I got the icon but with the mention 0Byte installed)
* is your usb is FAT or FAT32 formatted (not sure what is the good one for the iinstall) ?
Any comments would be appreciated
Thanks
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

did you check telnet on port 5023?
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
ebg
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ebg »

Yes, There is not telnet, whatever port, it is unaccessible
as the bluray is not rooted (the click on the icon gives the interference message and nothing happens)
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

ebg wrote:Yes, There is not telnet, whatever port, it is unaccessible
as the bluray is not rooted (the click on the icon gives the interference message and nothing happens)
so how did you get SamyGO1.txt and SamyGO2.txt on USB ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
ebg
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ebg »

What are those 2 txt files ?
On my usb I have only two directories, and some files inside (but not these two)
SamyGO_Bluray_F
SamyGO_data

Return to “BluRay Players”