[App] Rooting E, F (and H?) Bluray

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5651
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: [App] Rooting E, F and H Bluray

Post by sectroyer » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:07 pm

JeppeTh wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:19 pm
sectroyer wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:53 pm
update on device "fails due to timeout" and it was PROVEN that it doesn't mean a shit. Looks it blocks ONLY "normal" updates but from time to time tv will try "different methods"
And there's still no resolution to this?
There is, you have to block BETTER. With your router it MIGHT be impossible hopefully soon (I had to change mine) simple as that :) From now on if you want to have SamyGO you have to have good router OR disconnect tv from internet. Without you are wasting yours and ours time :) :lol: :D
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: [App] Rooting E, F and H Bluray

Post by JeppeTh » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:41 pm

sectroyer wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:07 pm
There is, you have to block BETTER.
You know, or you're guessing a more complete block of the host name will help?

User avatar
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:31 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: [App] Rooting E, F and H Bluray

Post by notengo13 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:27 pm

try to download all files from attached zip. I can't and I guess blocking is working for my TV.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root

JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: [App] Rooting E, F and H Bluray

Post by JeppeTh » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:46 am

notengo13 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:27 pm
try to download all files from attached zip. I can't and I guess blocking is working for my TV.
Seems all blocked - even if my bluray seems to contact other host for firmware check. I.e.

Code: Select all

http://otn.samsungcloudcdn.com/firmware...
instead of

Code: Select all

http://az43064.vo.msecnd.net/firmware...
The reason for your urls getting blocked is since my router blocks all port 80 urls containing word firmware

User avatar
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:31 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: [App] Rooting E, F and H Bluray

Post by notengo13 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:40 am

I found that file on my TV after unwanted upgrade because of my stupidity to entering the Extended Service menu with android app which reset OTN&OTA Support = ON and I forgotten to set it to OFF.
I guess, starting from 1st. line is to check if there is a new fw and if the request is "OK" then tv start downloading the fw in parts. My router's firewall was blocking a part of updates, because I was able download some files or part of something to my PC. Now with merlin fw and AB-Solution doesn't download nothing with the links from that file.
Maybe somone can explain if I'm wrong I haven't got much idea about deep analyzing files and I'm trying to understand the things inside my possibilities and on my way.
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root

JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: [App] Rooting E, F and H Bluray

Post by JeppeTh » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:12 pm

notengo13 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:40 am
I found that file on my TV after unwanted upgrade
Interesting, do you remember the path to where you found it?
Was it a zip file?

Or what was it called exactly?

I'm guessing we're getting quite off topic here...

User avatar
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:31 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: [App] Rooting E, F and H Bluray

Post by notengo13 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:48 pm

JeppeTh wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:12 pm
notengo13 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:40 am
I found that file on my TV after unwanted upgrade
Interesting, do you remember the path to where you found it?
Was it a zip file?

Or what was it called exactly?

I'm guessing we're getting quite off topic here...
xml file and the name is the same without first "upravene"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root

JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: [App] Rooting E, F and H Bluray

Post by JeppeTh » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:42 pm

notengo13 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:48 pm
JeppeTh wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:12 pm
notengo13 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:40 am
I found that file on my TV after unwanted upgrade
Interesting, do you remember the path to where you found it?
Was it a zip file?

Or what was it called exactly?

I'm guessing we're getting quite off topic here...
xml file and the name is the same without first "upravene"
Found corresponding on my F-series but in other directory. I wonder if this file itself is downloaded.
There's a versionnote - I can't figure out what the "${OSDLanguage}" should be replaced with. It would be interesting if a "pdl" file is received. If so better block that url as well...

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5651
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: [App] Rooting E, F and H Bluray

Post by sectroyer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:00 am

JeppeTh wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:42 pm
If so better block that url as well...
Blocking "by url" is useless :) No point investigating :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: [App] Rooting E, F and H Bluray

Post by JeppeTh » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:07 am

sectroyer wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:00 am
JeppeTh wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:42 pm
If so better block that url as well...
Blocking "by url" is useless :) No point investigating :)
A fact or a guess?

Post Reply

Return to “BluRay Players”