[App] Rooting E, F (and H?) Bluray

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E, F and H Bluray

Post by JeppeTh »

sectroyer wrote:Yeah also noticed it. For now I think I will advise to disconnect device from the internet... And allow only specific communication...
But I pretty much only use my bluray to stream video from internet... Which means I'm kind of screwed...
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

JeppeTh wrote:
sectroyer wrote:Yeah also noticed it. For now I think I will advise to disconnect device from the internet... And allow only specific communication...
But I pretty much only use my bluray to stream video from internet... Which means I'm kind of screwed...
Yes or unlock ONLY ip's you use. Do not allow ANY "regular" ips tv tries to connect :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

sectroyer wrote:
JeppeTh wrote:
Yes or unlock ONLY ip's you use. Do not allow ANY "regular" ips tv tries to connect :)
What if root still works after final h-series update.
Can you make it available then at least?
That would be my final hope...
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

JeppeTh wrote: What if root still works after final h-series update.
It will NOT :) I know what I am talking about :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

sectroyer wrote:
JeppeTh wrote: What if root still works after final h-series update.
It will NOT :) I know what I am talking about :)
Ok, iI would certainly appreciate if you could consider to support also final fw. Blocking internet is way too harsh the way I see it.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

JeppeTh wrote: Ok, iI would certainly appreciate if you could consider to support also final fw. Blocking internet is way too harsh the way I see it.
such thing won't exist :) Also block in any way you want. It just has to work :) Besides what is here "to support" even If I release root for "final fw" Samsung will release "final + 1" :)
JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

sectroyer wrote:
JeppeTh wrote: Ok, iI would certainly appreciate if you could consider to support also final fw. Blocking internet is way too harsh the way I see it.
such thing won't exist :) Also block in any way you want. It just has to work :) Besides what is here "to support" even If I release root for "final fw" Samsung will release "final + 1" :)
Do you know if there's any way to find a service menu in the H-series bluray and in that way block auto-updates?

Why haven't you released the new method? For the ones that possibly didn't get the latest update after all?
grokman
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by grokman »

I have a BDF-5900 BluRay that I have been able to successfully root. I can telnet & ftp into it. Where I run into problems is after the successful root. The majority of the time when I power on the player, the USB drive is not detected, and SamyGo does not load. In fact, I had trouble getting the player to even recognize the USB drive to install SamyGo in the first place. I had to go into More Apps, and then plug in the USB in order to get the SamyGo icon to show up at all. I have tried a few different USB sticks just to make sure the stick itself was not the issue.

I have tried launching the browser and going into Apps, but nothing happens. The only time I know it works, is when I get the USB drive detection screen. I wait for it to go away, and then everything works. The majority of the time, however, nothing happens. I have Quick Start Off for what it is worth.

One other funny thing is that if I use the media player. I can see the USB drive. Any ideas? Firmware version is 1018. Thank you.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Use different usb. And format as fat32.
JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

sectroyer wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:57 pm
Got a new router which I could install tcpdump on - seems I managed to find out the url to block.
However - I guess some other URL first is used to get which url to use for firmware check. Since the last block stopped working.
That URL I can't find out... I guess SSL is used or something for that... Or perhaps the path is relative...
At least new hope for me - but as said before. Very fragile since it's enough that my router looses it setting etc for it to stop work again...

EDIT - but I realize it seems I can't capture traffic from my BD-H8900 - I don't get why... I can capture from my BD-F7500 though.
Last edited by JeppeTh on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “BluRay Players”