[App] Rooting E, F (and H?) Bluray

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

ishaqmir
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E and F Bluray

Post by ishaqmir »

"Extract archive and copy cinaviapatch file (not folder) from archive to any directory (/tmp/ for example)"

How is the above step done? Does it refer to file copied to folders in USB stick or a different type of transfer, if so, how is that done?

Thanks
ishaqmir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ishaqmir »

The samyext4.img.zip file link is dead under F BETA, really need this ASAP.

Thanks
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Link updated :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
ishaqmir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ishaqmir »

Thanks
ishaqmir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ishaqmir »

ok I did the F Beta procedure and the samygo icon came on the hub straight away, I ran it but some lines say OK in green, and some say NO. so I am unable to root successfully on the H6500 with firmware 1112. Any help? My main use of the player is for blu ray discs, so this needs to still work after the rooting.

thanks
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

ishaqmir wrote:Any help?
We provide help ONLY to those who read first post :) Especially the part about HOW to ask for help :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
ishaqmir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ishaqmir »

Ok sorry, please find attached the screenshot. I followed every step in the F Beta nay ructions on first page. I also reset the H6500 to factory (without resetting network and smart hub) but still same response.

I have the H6500 BD player which I bought a few months ago brand new and came with 1112 firmware. I have blocked all the domains in the OTN wiki and can confirm the BD player can't connect when trying to update the player.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Okay you are using F method for H bluray. First of all you need to check WHEN 1112 fw was released? Second you should try H tv method :) You should also check if blocking updates on router worked :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
ishaqmir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ishaqmir »

Many thanks for quick reply. I'll try H method when I get home. But will this disable blu Ray disc and dvd playback? This is important to me as I play full blu Ray discs/3D discs etc.
I can confirm the player cannot update firmware, every time it tries to connect it fails.

Ok, I checked Samsung official website and firmware 1112 may be the latest, which was released 21st Jan 2016. Is this the problem?

Thanks
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

ishaqmir wrote: Ok, I checked Samsung official website and firmware 1112 may be the latest, which was released 21st Jan 2016. Is this the problem?
We have DECIDED to NEVER support "latest fw". We need to BE SURE people block updates correctly. Current rooting method will NOT work on your device. However NEXT one WILL work. So you have to block updates on router and BE SURE you don't get new updates :)

Return to “BluRay Players”