[App] Rooting E and F Bluray Players (no Cinavia ;))

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [App] Rooting E and F Bluray Players (no Cinavia ;))

Post by sectroyer »

s0cal wrote:haha you made me laugh... i did look & nope it does not, but i ended up buying BD-H5900 which has smart hub :)
Which also has Cinavia and has no root :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
BURROW5

Post by BURROW5 »

I have the HT-D5500 system (assume this is Home Theatre-D5500 version).

Does that mean I have a bd(blu-ray disc)-5500 player? Can you patch that to get around this annoying cinavia software?

I've checked the hard copy of the manual and couldn't find this information. I've also downloaded the pdf version from the samsung website and searched the pdf, still doesn't tell me.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/conte ... b_1226.pdf

Model code: HT-D5500Series_ZF
Software Version: HTB-D6500EUB-1021.0

I found the following post:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4244&start=580

I am not able to change the dns settings in my router. I have tried to set the dns in the player but it gets an error 800 saying it can't connect to the resource (network status shows no connection to the internet). Restarted player several times, leaving power off (unplugged), plugging back in and repeating.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

No solution for D series has been found yet :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by andbir »

Which is the last firmware for HT-F9750W that still supports rooting? I am on 1011.1 and wondering if there is any point in upgrading to a later version where it is still possible to root.
(Yes I have donated)

Also, with the same player, has anyone after rooting succeeded in NFS-mounting volumes for accessing movie content over the network from a NAS, like I am able to do with my B-series television where the NFS-mount mimics a (very large) USB drive that allows for faster movie play startup time and for seeking to random points in the movie quite fast (which is not so fast over DLNA)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

andbir wrote:Which is the last firmware for HT-F9750W that still supports rooting? I am on 1011.1 and wondering if there is any point in upgrading to a later version where it is still possible to root.
(Yes I have donated)
It's best to not update at all.
andbir wrote: Also, with the same player, has anyone after rooting succeeded in NFS-mounting volumes for accessing movie content over the network from a NAS, like I am able to do with my B-series television where the NFS-mount mimics a (very large) USB drive that allows for faster movie play startup time and for seeking to random points in the movie quite fast (which is not so fast over DLNA)
Yeah watching movies on network shares will be possible. However it's not released yet. Currently there is only alpha version tested by few testers. When it will reach beta status I will release it here :)
azza85
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by azza85 »

Hi just wondering if anyone has tried this on a HT E6750W on latest firmware? Just want to confirm if it works if possible before I donate.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

azza85 wrote:Hi just wondering if anyone has tried this on a HT E6750W on latest firmware? Just want to confirm if it works if possible before I donate.
"latest firmware 1" != "latest firmware 2" ;) It's best to report exact version. But if you have smart hub it should work :)
eliasgeo
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by eliasgeo »

Hello,
I have Samsung bd f7500 can I remove Cinavia ?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

eliasgeo wrote:Hello,
I have Samsung bd f7500 can I remove Cinavia ?
From what we know YES, you can :) Just root and install Cinavia patch :)
eliasgeo
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by eliasgeo »

Ok i can confirm that cinavia is disabled on bd f7500.
Thx for good work guys !!

Return to “BluRay Players”