[App] Removing Cinavia on E/F Bluray players

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

chaosmaker
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Removing Cinavia on E/F Bluray players

Post by chaosmaker »

Hi All,

I have an E5500 on FW 1011 and I haven't had any issues with Cinavia at all. I recently played a file using the Plex app, now I know that they technically use the internal player and are therefore bound by its limitations. Now someone above said that Plex may have cinavia in itself, but that doesn't make sense as exeDSP is used during playback and as far as I know, this is what plex uses to playback the files. The javascript of the plex app is just interpreted but the output must be done via the same player as anything else (even if through some API).

So anyway I suddenly get a Cinavia message, so I thought fine, I'll apply the patch and see whether the message is still there. But when I try and apply the patch I get the following error:

Code: Select all

/tmp # ./cinaviapatch -d -n exeDSP
Error getting symbol: _Z14SendEventToAppb
pc=4206b4dc lr=4206b4c8 sp=bed790a8 fp=4cb70e4
r0=fffffe00 r1=80
r2=1 r3=0
symbol: adbg_CheckSystem -> @0x022ad798
Patched adbg_CheckSystem at @0x022ad798
symbol: _Z13AWM_AudioMutev -> @0x00d1e7e4
Unable to continue. Cinavia Patch locations not found.
Patching completed!
Interestingly when I try samyGOrc I get similar errors:

Code: Select all

samyGOrc v1.0 (c) bugficks 2013
cannot find _ZN15KeyInputCreator12NewKeyCommonEv
can't find address of _ZN15KeyInputCreator12NewKeyCommonEv, error!
cannot find _ZN9KeyCommonD0Ev
can't find address of _ZN9KeyCommonD0Ev, error!
cannot find _ZN9KeyCommonD2Ev
can't find address of _ZN9KeyCommonD2Ev, error!
cannot find _ZN9KeyCommon17SendKeyPressInputEiis
can't find address of _ZN9KeyCommon17SendKeyPressInputEiis, error!
cannot find _ZN9KeyCommon19SendKeyReleaseInputEi
can't find address of _ZN9KeyCommon19SendKeyReleaseInputEi, error!
which means I can't get into the service menu and disable OTN...

Any help with why the cinavia patch doesn't take would be appreciated! And if anyone has a fix/idea on the samyGOrc that would be great too!

Thanks
chaos
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Cinaviapatch "doesn't work" for cinavia messages in PLEX :) play using internal player :) Same file will work :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
chaosmaker
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by chaosmaker »

Sorry but why would samsung have 2 different internal players? I thought cinavia kicks in during splitting of the audio track into its various channels which to my knowledge happens in exeDSP - which apparently in my firmware doesn't even have cinavia?! The only other thing that is running when Plex is running is some widget app in /mtd_appdata/InfoLink/lib/ (or something like that - haven't got access right now). Does that mean somewhere in that additional widget there is a cinavia protection (I'm guessing its the app interpreter)? There are couple of library files in there, which may have the cinavia technology in it - maybe it is just a matter of finding it in there. How did you find it in exeDSP? Maybe I can search through the library files and find the same piece of code/hex values there?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

chaosmaker wrote:Sorry but why would samsung have 2 different internal players?
Because they like unuseful code, kludges and firmware heaviness :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

chaosmaker wrote:Sorry but why would samsung have 2 different internal players? I thought cinavia kicks in during splitting of the audio track into its various channels which to my knowledge happens in exeDSP
Well you were using at proccesses :) I would rather look fro LIBS ;) For example some libPlex.so or something like that ;) YOUR cinavia is probably somewhere there. I have no interest in patching Plex itself ;)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
chaosmaker
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by chaosmaker »

Well plex itself doesn't have any libraries whatsoever, it is purely javascript and just makes use of the videoplayer api available in smarthub. This additional widget seems to be the actual player that does the job and I presume that it is somewhere in there where the problem lies. There is definitely no libPlex.so, just a whole widget that is interpreting the plex javascript. I guess the same widget is used for any other third party app that wants to show video i.e. youtube bbciplayer etc. So all third party apps would have this problem.
What exactly did you search for in exeDSP to find the cinavia bit?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

I looked for cinavia message and checked LR :) Look at libWString.so :)
chaosmaker
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by chaosmaker »

Thanks I'll have a look later tonight!
JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

sectroyer wrote:
JeppeTh wrote:
mat82284 wrote:Well i went ahead and bought the BD-F7500 4k model from Amazon. Seemed like a good choice. Ive read reports on this forum that one person was able to root it and another wasnt. Hopefully i got the one that can, if not i'll send it back lol.
Well I can't read discs with cinavia on my 7500...
Did you try cinaviapatch :)
Haha ;-)
Well , with Cinaviapatch I cant read discs without cinavia either ;-)
chaosmaker
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by chaosmaker »

Hey, it's me again... so I searched through everything but I couldn't find any links to the cinavia message in the Widget that I talked about. So I decided to watch the rest of what I was watching via DLNA on the internal player... low and behold cinavia hit me there too!
So to summarize, the patch doesn't seem to find any cinavia in my exeDSP (see my error message above), and I still have cinavia apparently somewhere...

So any ideas?

Return to “BluRay Players”