[App] Removing Cinavia on E/F Bluray players

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [App] Removing Cinavia on E/F Bluray players

Post by sectroyer »

Savatage2004 wrote:Where do I find the logs that you need photos of?
No need. Did you use cinaviapatchF?
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Savatage2004
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Savatage2004 »

Yes, I have used CinaviapatchF and followed all directions. If anyone has any suggestions to disable Cinavia on Blu-ray disks, I am willing to try anything.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Savatage2004 wrote:Yes, I have used CinaviapatchF and followed all directions. If anyone has any suggestions to disable Cinavia on Blu-ray disks, I am willing to try anything.
Do you have rooting/linux experience?
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
Savatage2004
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Savatage2004 »

I have experience rooting phones, xbox, and I used to work for MS tech support etc but not much Linux experience. If you tell me what to do I can do it and report the results to you.
Savatage2004
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Savatage2004 »

I will say that the root and Cinavia removal for the Samsung BD-F5900 works flawlessly. What I was doing wrong was creating the Samyext4.img file in a text format in notepad then naming it as Samyext4.img. What actually happened was it was being named Samyext4.img.txt on it's own. I didn't notice this until I Ftp'd into the Blu-Ray today. I renamed the file name through FTP, then rebooted and like magic it works perfect. I have played several backed up movies on Blu-Ray that I know have Cinavia and it works flawlessly. Thank you.
mat82284
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mat82284 »

Hey guys. I just found this site and donated because its pretty awesome finally see a way around Cinavia that doesn't destroy the audio.

I'm in the market for a 3D Blu-ray Player. Ive been playing my blu-rays from my media player but the 3d doesn't always work. I have quite a few already burned on bd-r 50gb disks.

So i have a few questions that i hope you guys can help me with.

1) Since the usb stick is required to stay in the player Is there a minimum required size usb stick? I plan to buy one dedicated for this since i dont have any thumb drives.

2) Ive read that some F models wont play blu-ray disks and get a read error which is a big bummer since that is how I want to play my 3D movies. Should i Avoid the F series and get an E series or do they both have the same issue?

3) Can someone with a rootable 3D blu-ray player with 4k support with Cinavia removed post their model number for me?

3) Can someone with a rootable 3D player 1080p Player that removed Cinavia post their model number for me?
mat82284
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mat82284 »

I came across a site that sells bluray players that makes them region free and possibly cinavia free. I don't have the players to test or the knowhow to see what's going on in the firmware, but i figured someone on this site probably can.

I was looking for a player to buy on google and that's how I found this link. It lists Samsung models which relates to this site. Maybe it can help with future hacks or maybe it's behind what this site can do. It's hard to say since I don't know much about this subject yet lol. Still learning.

http://www.mrmdvd.com/icosupdate.html
mat82284
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mat82284 »

Well i went ahead and bought the BD-F7500 4k model from Amazon. Seemed like a good choice. Ive read reports on this forum that one person was able to root it and another wasnt. Hopefully i got the one that can, if not i'll send it back lol.
JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

mat82284 wrote:Well i went ahead and bought the BD-F7500 4k model from Amazon. Seemed like a good choice. Ive read reports on this forum that one person was able to root it and another wasnt. Hopefully i got the one that can, if not i'll send it back lol.
Well I can't read discs with cinavia on my 7500...
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

JeppeTh wrote:
mat82284 wrote:Well i went ahead and bought the BD-F7500 4k model from Amazon. Seemed like a good choice. Ive read reports on this forum that one person was able to root it and another wasnt. Hopefully i got the one that can, if not i'll send it back lol.
Well I can't read discs with cinavia on my 7500...
Did you try cinaviapatch :)

Return to “BluRay Players”