[App] Removing Cinavia on E/F Bluray players

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

zoelechat
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [App] Removing Cinavia on E/F Bluray players

Post by zoelechat »

There are 2 reasons why mount doesn't work:
-You don't have any cifs.ko module (not sure any is available for your model nor most BD players)

Code: Select all

+ insmod /mnt/lib/modules/3.0.33/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko
insmod: can't read '/mnt/lib/modules/3.0.33/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko': No such file or directory
-user/pass have to be existent, guest not allowed

+ USER=guest
+ PASSWD=none
But you first need cifs module anyway :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

papax1
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by papax1 »

hello
I have a Blu Ray Samsung HT- E5400 has Cinavia , and I have a Samsung UN46D6500 TV model , not as Do TO ELIMINATE Cinavia Blu ray , Where to put these commands. please someone help me I need to remove my blu ray Cinavia

zoelechat

Post by zoelechat »

You have to connect by Telnet to IP of device on port 23. If you don't know what is Telnet, use Google :)

JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

zoelechat wrote:There are 2 reasons why mount doesn't work:
-You don't have any cifs.ko module (not sure any is available for your model nor most BD players)

insmod: can't read '/mnt/lib/modules/3.0.33/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko': No such file or directory
-user/pass have to be existent, guest not allowed

+ USER=guest
+ PASSWD=none
But you first need cifs module anyway :)
Ok, I could't find any cifs files :-(

I don't have any user/password tried my user name at least, but didn't help. But I guess main problem is the lacking files then...

So I guess I'm screwed?

JeppeTh
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by JeppeTh »

zoelechat wrote:There are 2 reasons why mount doesn't work:

Hang on - my android ftp search seems to have sucked.
FileZilla found two:

/mnt/lib/modules/FXP/3.0.33/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko
/mnt/lib/modules/MST12/3.0.33/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko
changed init script to use these instead - but then I get:

insmod: can't insert '/mnt/lib/modules/MST12/3.0.33/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko': invalid module format

zoelechat

Post by zoelechat »

Those are the only ones available, meant to work on TVs. If you tried both without success, then no luck until suitable one is possibly compiled.

papax1
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by papax1 »

There is an easy way to remove Cinavia ? do not like

Copy the files to Pendrive FAT , I went to Smart and gave him but says OK OK OK and then gives an error , now I have this in SmartHub ,

I really would like some help , I read a lot in the forum but still do not know how to stop Cinavia out in my movies , it's the only thing I want, I do not need I have the problem of Cinavia something else only

add two img,

thanks for any help please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

papax1 wrote: thanks for any help please
You are using method for F TV. You need to use method for F Bluray. Good Luck :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

ahm012
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ahm012 »

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I have successfully applied the Cinavia Patch. Just tried a couple of times, turn the player on and off, and it seems to be working ok.

I have a E5900 with FW 1065 (one the latest ones).
Just need now to disable the OTN, but that seems to be tricky nowadays than before with new FW.

Thanks for your great effort in getting these workarounds !! It is good to donate for the cause !

P.D.: A couple of tips for everyone reading this post that I think are useful:
0.- You must have SmartHUB on your Player MANDATORY
1.- You first need to root the Player with the SamyGo patch. This is not enough, it is just the first step.
2.- For rooting patch to work the /dvt/SammyGo_OK line MSUT say YES. Sometime you have run it several time before you get a YES.
3.- After rooting you must apply the Cinavia Patch, using both Telnet and FTP to the Player
4.- For the Patch to work the pendrive MUST ALWAYS be inserted into the USB port BEFORE you turn on the player.
5.- The patch starts either running SmartHUB and/or Web Browser. I started both just in case everytime.
6.- It is tricky. It does not necessary have to work right away the first time you try.
7.- As the gurus say, please provide as much information as you have such as screen captures, and step by step procedure you've done. If you don't do this, nobody will be able to help you....

Regards !!!

Savatage2004
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Savatage2004 »

I own a BD-F5900 Blu-ray player. I am able to get root and telnet. I cannot seem to get Cinavia removed to view backed up Blu-ray disks. When I did get the Cinavia patch added, I would get the dirty disk, not reading. So I followed the directions of making the text file and naming it samyext4.img and replacing the original samyext4.img file. I then reboot and open browser. At this point I loose telnet functionality. I put in my Blu-ray disk and 20 minutes later, the dreaded Cinavia 3 error comes back. I must be missing something. I have done the steps over 50 times. Any help is greatly appreciated. Where do I find the logs that you need photos of?

Return to “BluRay Players”