Is it possible to remove Cinavia from BD-H8900?

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

Zbych
SamyGO Project Donor

Is it possible to remove Cinavia from BD-H8900?

Post by Zbych » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:15 pm

As in topic. Is it possible or will be be possible any time soon to removce Cinavia from this player? Will my donation speedup it ?

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Is it possible to remove Cinavia from BD-H8900?

Post by sectroyer » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Zbych wrote:As in topic. Is it possible or will be be possible any time soon to removce Cinavia from this player? Will my donation speedup it ?
No tester reported any progress with H player. If you donate you will get access to newest stuff. Especially for root for E/F Bluray players :) If it works for you then you I think you should be able to remove cinavia :) And yes, all donations help :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

ANDRE24L

Post by ANDRE24L » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:15 pm

Hello. I also have Samsung BD-H8900 with the "best Cinavia". I am seriously interested in removing it. I have disabled the upgrade. I have a question:
1. How is the amount of aid?
2. How quickly would get help in this regard? :mrgreen:

sectroyer

Post by sectroyer » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:48 pm

ANDRE24L wrote:Hello. I also have Samsung BD-H8900 with the "best Cinavia". I am seriously interested in removing it. I have disabled the upgrade. I have a question:
1. How is the amount of aid?
2. How quickly would get help in this regard? :mrgreen:
1. it's 10$
2. "Soon" every body with H will have something to test but I don't know if it would work on your device :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!

ANDRE24L

Post by ANDRE24L » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:14 pm

Ok thank you for your reply. Yesterday I discovered that my way to turn off the update does not work because my bluray BD-H8900 took me to update 1006 :evil: :o . Instructions included on the website does not work for me because I have another remote, and in combination
[MENU] [MUTE] [POWER] I miss [MENU] :?: . Maybe this is a stupid question but I searched the forum but did not find a similar topic. This pilot type AK59-00176A, Annex picture. I have a small problem with making a transfer in PayPau but tomorrow I will go to my bank because somehow it does not accept the last code when making payments. I would be grateful for your help and advice on how to quickly and effectively disable these updates :mrgreen: .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sectroyer

Post by sectroyer » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:25 pm

ANDRE24L wrote:Yesterday I discovered that my way to turn off the update does not work because my bluray BD-H8900 took me to update 1006
And what was "your" magical way ? :)

ANDRE24L

Post by ANDRE24L » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:53 pm

sectroyer wrote:
ANDRE24L wrote:Yesterday I discovered that my way to turn off the update does not work because my bluray BD-H8900 took me to update 1006
When I buying a BD player a week ago I did not know that it has Cinavia and prophylactically turned off so it seemed to me the possibility of stripping and install updates without my permission. To answer your question, my "magic" way to: Settings / Support / Software Update / Automatic Updates - off. For me it is so much a little strange since I do not want to download something it should not itself have to download and install :roll: . As you can see Samsung has a different opinion from users and decides himself for us :idea: . But back to the topic if anyone can help me how to effectively disable the ability to download updates from this my pilot? Before downloading himself another "miraculous Update" :geek:

sectroyer

Post by sectroyer » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:55 pm

ANDRE24L wrote:
sectroyer wrote:
When I buying a BD player a week ago I did not know that it has Cinavia and prophylactically turned off so it seemed to me the possibility of stripping and install updates without my permission. To answer your question, my "magic" way to: Settings / Support / Software Update / Automatic Updates - off. For me it is so much a little strange since I do not want to download something it should not itself have to download and install :roll: . As you can see Samsung has a different opinion from users and decides himself for us :idea: . But back to the topic if anyone can help me how to effectively disable the ability to download updates from this my pilot? Before downloading himself another "miraculous Update" :geek:
This setting ONLY disabled automatic updates while device is ON and not while it's OFF :)

ANDRE24L

Post by ANDRE24L » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:13 pm

This setting ONLY disabled automatic updates while device is ON and not while it's OFF :)
After installing the update I guessed and checked again the status of these updates :oops: . But as I wrote if you can help me on this topic, or you could pass on in the absence of the experience in the remote and the player because of samyGo way does not work. As I wrote, please help !!!

sofiane
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by sofiane » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:16 pm

You can put back you're update bye putting you're Player back to factory settings
Then when restarting he ask for checking updates, and you just click no!
After that, go back to settings/support/ software update
and there you can click NO for automatic updates
So far the updating, but removing cinavia still not able to find out how
I have a BD H-6500

Return to “BluRay Players”