Firmware up-date BD e5900 screwed internet connection

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

artemisnorth

Firmware up-date BD e5900 screwed internet connection

Post by artemisnorth »

Hi all. We have had an update to our firmware which has caused problems. Our Bd e5900 Blueray player connects to our network but will not connect to the internet. There is nothing blocking it via the router. Worked perfectly before the update. We tried a factory reset but that did not effect connectivity. I miss watching Netflix on the tv...WHAAA!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Lynn
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Firmware up-date BD e5900 screwed internet connection

Post by sectroyer »

artemisnorth wrote:Hi all. We have had an update to our firmware which has caused problems. Our Bd e5900 Blueray player connects to our network but will not connect to the internet. There is nothing blocking it via the router. Worked perfectly before the update. We tried a factory reset but that did not effect connectivity. I miss watching Netflix on the tv...WHAAA!

Thanks,
Lynn
Yes it affects ALL D & E devices you need to change DNS settings it's samsung bug :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
johndoe

Re: Firmware up-date BD e5900 screwed internet connection

Post by johndoe »

sectroyer wrote:
artemisnorth wrote:Hi all. We have had an update to our firmware which has caused problems. Our Bd e5900 Blueray player connects to our network but will not connect to the internet. There is nothing blocking it via the router. Worked perfectly before the update. We tried a factory reset but that did not effect connectivity. I miss watching Netflix on the tv...WHAAA!

Thanks,
Lynn
Yes it affects ALL D & E devices you need to change DNS settings it's samsung bug :)
What do I have to change the DNS setting to?

Return to “BluRay Players”