Recommended Models for Root/Cinavia Removal

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

JonahUK

Recommended Models for Root/Cinavia Removal

Post by JonahUK »

Hey All,

As the subject states, looking for recommendations on which model to buy that can be rooted and the garbage that is Cinavia removed.
Reading through the E/F Rooting thread, I noticed that not all E/F models can be rooted (no smarthub etc) so want to be sure before I buy a player that it can be rooted (so, must have smarthub etc)

Any help and/or replies would be appreciated from members who have rooted and removed cinavia from their players.

Thanks in advance.
faizy

Re: Recommended Models for Root/Cinavia Removal

Post by faizy »

I would like to know the same..currently in the hunt for a good blu ray player...tired.of the cinavia crap on my f5500
andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by andbir »

I successfully rooted the HT-F9750W last week - i'll have a go at patching cinavia and mounting an NFS share as a fake usb stick tonight.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

faizy wrote:I would like to know the same..currently in the hunt for a good blu ray player...tired.of the cinavia crap on my f5500
Any BD/HT from E/F series WITH Smarthub should be fine. We have no list of supported models, and not enough reports to do so (I just remember: prefer to avoid E5500 which sometimes lacks memory :) ).
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
JonahUK

Post by JonahUK »

Thanks for the responses guys, will do some more checking before buying anything.
deevine
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by deevine »

andbir wrote:I successfully rooted the HT-F9750W last week - i'll have a go at patching cinavia and mounting an NFS share as a fake usb stick tonight.
How'd you go with patching cinavia etc?
andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by andbir »

Yes it was successfull aswell, using some special files recieved from the package creator.
It works just fine but I never bothered with setting up autoloading the cinavia patch. reason being I don't get too many movies with Cinavia protection anymore.

Return to “BluRay Players”