Bricked TV after using FFB

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: LE40B650t2wxxn bricked???

Post by juusso »

From log i see:
1. TV starts normaly
2. exeDSP crashes and TV hangs. Over ExLink you can a console (type debug and you get access for input)

I think the problem is something wrong with firmware you`ve downloaded and flashed with help of FFB and later by hand as well.

Do not flash any firmware anymore, just activate alternative firmware:

Code: Select all

touch /mtd_rwarea/PartitionSwitch_0_0
rm -f /mtd_rwarea/PartitionSwitch_1_0
And reboot TV. Look what happens. Alternative (your previous postfeb 3000.2 firmware) loads and TV should start.

p.s. I see, you`ve rewritten all four partitions already... Bad. Skip my suggestion above, because i thought, you could activate firmware on bml0/8 and bml0/9. I asked you do nothing, just read...

Try download another firmware, use phyton and samygo.py to de-xor images, sure, it takes few minutes to decrypt. I guess, here was an error if decryption was done in seconds.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: LE40B650t2wxxn bricked???

Post by juusso »

That's because bad firmware files you made with xor and flashed to TV. Make it easier, you`ll brick TV totally... :?
Read instructions in PM...
painkillerde wrote:<- Youll see a lucky man here!!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U MADE MY DAY!!!!

I?ll keep my hands off that now!!!

Everythink is fine now!!!!
Congratulations!

I think the reason of brick was firmware you used for TV restoring (download/unrar errors..?).
You can flash any firmware you want now in normal way (from TV menu), because your firmware is 2005.0, patched, u-boot and kernel are successfully restored. You always can unbrick TV in same way. But if you upgrade to 3000.2 or later - you have to restore it again. (use FFB ;) )
I suggest you to flash firmware once more, because if you accidentally activate alternative firmware, you get bricked TV back ;)
If you want, flash it from console using the same commands and files, but choose /dev/bml0/8 and bml0/9 instead of bml0/10 and bml0/11

p.s. your topic moved to FFB brick thread...
p.p.s make dumps of partitions with samygo dump maker (and keep files i gave you too)
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: 46b750 restarts after firmware downgrading

Post by juusso »

Help you tomorrow. T-CHLCIPDEUC has a problem with FFB and needs to be researched mode deeply.
I`m very sorry about your brick. I think it should be enough time to switch firmware and repair TV.
Please give the logs from usb.

p.s. This FFB version already removed and updated to v0.6.1: temporary your firmware support suspended.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Hi thomasgee,
Best think that you can make is stay in calm.
I wish we (juuso) could recover your bricked TV.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Check if you can start telnet enabler and try to connect over putty. Don't repeat ffb.

Return to “[B] Firmware”