enabling video support on LE40B620 CI+

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

megal0d0n

enabling video support on LE40B620 CI+

Post by megal0d0n »

Hi,
I'd love to watch Videos on my TV and I hope it is possible by now to enable support via Firmware-Patcher.
Maybe I misunderstood information in wiki about video support. :oops: What I learned is, only Firmware 2007 can be patched, actually I'm having 2010/01/15__2008.
So, is it just necessary to follow http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=F ... 2B_devices or do that http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=E ... es_Devices. I am confused as certain wiki-pages seem not to be updated ragarding sucessful CI+ decryption...
Any help appreciated :)
LE40B620 CI+ (2008) USB video playback enabled
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: enabling video support on LE40B620 CI+

Post by erdem_ua »

You can switch 2007 with Alternate Firmware Back utility (if it is on alternative partition)
Also I think "Enable Wiselink Movie on B550 and B6000 Series Devices" article might work you too if your debug menu is not disabled...(I don't remember 2008 firmware if its serial debug mode is disabled or not.)

Since your TV has no content library it's hard to play with it. I heard that USB Channel hack might be work on your device too. But it's always risky to play with CI+ devices...
I believe member juuso will give you a hint soon.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Yes, i do not remember is here a ContentLibrary on your TV?
Do you have telnet access?
Is there an alternative firmware (you have had an pre-FEB before and upgraded to 2008) or you do not know?

I need:
1. Channel export files as archive
2. log from ExLink
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
megal0d0n

Post by megal0d0n »

Hi guys,
thank you very much so far, I am hopeful now!
In my TV's menu there is alternative Firmware greyed out, no digits there but underscores (__/__/_) It is the FW that came with the new TV in last spring. I didn't apply any FW until now in the hope of successful CI+ hack.
If this is of any help, here is more specific info bout my device: LE40B620R3PXZG Version CN01

Unfortunately, I don't get ContentLibrary prompt after inserting USB drive. I think I did it correctly by extracting ChannelInfo and Telnet application on drive.
Is log from ExLink still needed? I would try to solder it.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

If you bought tv with only latest firmware, currently active, on board - we do not have what to activate - here is no alternative firmware at all: neither activate alternative firmware tool nor channel import hack does not solve your problem.

You could try This method might you get success with older firmware.

Yes, please, could you give us the log and Channel export files (you do not need content library for that).
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

megal0d0n

Post by megal0d0n »

Opps, sorry I forgot to attach the .zip file.
But now I get message that board attachment quota has been reached :?:
I could try to post the code you need if you let me know which file to open.

My current FW is not the latest but Version 2008 that came with the TV. This one doesn't allow FW downgrade either?
I don't exactly understand the thing with alternative FW. What is the assumption for having it active in menu?
Is the way I described in previous post correct for looking for content library?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

upload it to rapidshare, multiupload or other.
If you do not have content library why are you asking about?

megal0d0n

Post by megal0d0n »

Here's the file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DERXQ9N5
I just wanted to make sure I din't miss anything about content library.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Tell please, what did you mean:
megal0d0n wrote:Hi,
I'd love to watch Videos on my TV

What videos? Do you have MediaPlayer? Does it play photos and other stuff?
What are you expecting from patcher? Might we are talking about different things?

megal0d0n

Post by megal0d0n »

Well, I just intend to enable video playback in my TV's media center, as there's only option for photos & music.
I do see I forgot to tell you it's video playback via USB. So my Samy can play XviD, mkvfiles...
Still possible (hoping) ??

Return to “[B] Firmware”