rollback firmware for CI+ T-CHUCIPDEUC-3002.2

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

HGB

rollback firmware for CI+ T-CHUCIPDEUC-3002.2

Post by HGB »

It's difficult to find the actual situation of the (im)possibilities of going back to former firmwares on a UE32B7020 tv with firmware that has been updated to T-CHUCIPDEUC-3002.2. (stupid, I didn't know the consequences when I updated months ago)

Activate alternative firmware doesn't work.
I tried the instructions under "Forcing to Enable Alternative Firmware if you upgraded to latest firmware (CI and CI+)" It didn't work either.

Can I follow the wiki-page "Flashing Hacked Firmware to CI+ devices" of October 2011? Are there newer or better ways to go about it?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: rollback firmware for CI+ T-CHUCIPDEUC-3002.2

Post by juusso »

Hi, actually here is nothing safe. I only see the manual downgrade procedure by flashing required exe.img, appdata.img and bml0/3 partition with hashes by hand.
FFB doesn`t support ci+ devices anymore because of missing testing platform to handle all possible errors, warranty is over for 2009 y models - too expensive testing.
If you are not newbie in linux, i could give you all required files. You need to have exlink cable, but in some fatal errors this wont help you too.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
HGB

Re: rollback firmware for CI+ T-CHUCIPDEUC-3002.2

Post by HGB »

Thank you for your very prompt reply. I was hoping for some progress but I now know I have to accept nothing can be done. I'd have loved to explore the Samygo possibilities. Doing the manual procedure is a bit risky for me.
Thanks anyway.

Return to “[B] Firmware”