subtitles font

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

estellecy

Re: subtitles font

Post by estellecy »

I would like to render the subtitles of my Samsung TV either yellow or with a black background for a specific film and to be honest, as I only have basic computer knowledge I haven't been able to apply the very useful advice you give in these forums. I have a Samsung UE46F6500, I have already read the threads given here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1944 and I have downloaded the Outliner (v0.1).zip, Outliner (v0.1) alternative.zip, Outliner (v0.1) source.zip, Outliner (v0.2).zip, Outliner (v0.2) source.zip that you have so kindly provided. However, as I'm no expert on this tech stuff I fail to understand how to use them. Do I download them to my pc (I have Windows 7)? Do I need to install them to my TV (if so, how do I do it?) I'm sorry if my questions sound silly :oops: but I would be most grateful to you if someone were kind enough to help me... :(
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

There's no subtitle font patch for F series available yet, and there's no point in trying to use the one from B series :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Sooner or later it's coming:)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
estellecy

Post by estellecy »

Oh, okay, thank you! Looking forward to it :)
coobo

Post by coobo »

Is it possible to somehow change the Bigger Yellow Font to other color?
I changed it in the source code, but the color is still yellow ...
PS50B650S1W, Module T-CHL7DEUC
coobo

Post by coobo »

any idea?
geo650

Post by geo650 »

NOT RETRIEVED FROM ANY CACHE AFTER THIS ACCIDENT

I cannot find my answer on any cache. Maybe someone has it on his local cache? If not, I will write an answer again... :(
coobo

Post by coobo »

If you get a chance, I'll be happy :)
Some movies in yellow subtitles fail to see ...
geo650

Post by geo650 »

coobo wrote:Is it possible to somehow change the Bigger Yellow Font to other color?
I changed it in the source code, but the color is still yellow ...
FONT COLOR:
You are probably doing something wrong. I have made it and it works for me. You have to change this value:

Code: Select all

static const unsigned  patchcode3[1] = {0xffffff00}; // local data in .text segment AARRGGBB
for example, to change to red color:

Code: Select all

static const unsigned  patchcode3[1] = {0xffff0000};
Note it looks for and changes standard value (0xfff0f0f0) - almost white, so if it was changed earlier, then your application will not work. Changes are lost on power off so try to disable autostarting apps to check it out.

FONT SIZE:
Unfortunatelly, I cannot change font size. It is not working for me (values were already set to 0x20). Maybe I don't understand something in that part.

PS.
I have implemented MediaPlay font color selection function in PVR+ 4.1, where you will be able to select a few colours (default, white, yellow, red). Tell me if you want more.

Return to “[B] Firmware”