Defeating authuld protection on CI+ devices

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

tobmaster1985

Re: Defeating authuld protection on CI+ devices

Post by tobmaster1985 »

Hi

I'm having a "little" problem with my UE46B8090XPXZG (CI+) => viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4542

Is there any chance that my problem could be solved by tricking authuld by creating the needed hashfiles?
UE46B8090 CI+ downgraded from stock 3001.1 to 3000.0 :)
Bricked through stupidity and lazyness.. :(
Rapaired with help from juzis :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

No idea, but this could explane usage of some hash, used in one of cmac partitions... To be sure, needed to check dumps of one of working TV.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
efyzz

Post by efyzz »

juuso wrote:here is much more problems on b series ci+ tvs than just defeating authuld. for this goal you need only pre-calculate hash of your new kernel and write modified bml3 to tv at same tv session with kernel reflash.

as you don't have u-boot access on this tv, you have only one try. If your kernel will wrong compilled or you make mistake while flash it, you have no chance to repair. So before to start, think triple what to do if bricked. Maybe need some extra patches for kernel to get chance for repair?

one of users made two in one kernel, combined uboot and kernel to same partition on his b550 but thos generates another problems...
Thanks a lot!
But I think the risk is too high :roll:

I will buy a Raspberry PI and use it as mediaplayer ;)

By the way, is there any chance to get AC3 passthrough from HDMI to Toslink on my LE40B550? (Without recompile kernel :lol: )

Return to “[B] Firmware”