UN46B8500 Firmware question

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UN46B8500 Firmware question

Post by juusso »

As you saw in that topic, we had a brick and i think as there was no chance to repair, dude had to replace mainboard.

But if you ready to risk, i could prepare patched firmware in different way.
To be sure, I made procedure on my TV, flashed same way customized firmware and TV still works, this indicates me that chance for success are high (but chance to brick still exists though)

Are you ready?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
antidot

Post by antidot »

Yes, I'm willing to give it a shot, if you can also briefly explain what we are doing, and what will be the benefit(s).
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

you will flash modified by me firmware file, exe.img.
Benefit is only one: you get the possibility to call SamyGO scripts with TV boot. Other benefits - depends from your needs and from what SamyGO Extensions can (sorry, you have get all the info by yourself...)

But first you have to do some preparation:
1. Enter service menu and set rs232-jack to debug, watchdog off, wiselink wrote on (more detail is explaned in Dump maker how-to, MAKE BEFORE START)
2. run SamyGO Dump maker and give me all the files you get on usb. I have to look at them first.
3. I will give commands you need after i inspect files.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

antidot

Post by antidot »

Sure, works for me. That's exactly what I was looking for ;)
antidot

Post by antidot »

First problem :(

I did everything as outlined in the instruction: downloaded dumpmaker lite, unzipped it into an empty 1gb FAT32 USB drive. Did all the settings change in the in the service menu.

Powered on the TV, went into CL Manager -> USB -> Children -> SamygoHorse2 -> yellow button to select -> hit enter -> Copy All -> Hit "OK" to copy to TV's memory -> a black copy screen pops for a second, and an error message comes up: " An unknown error has occurred. It shows Samygo... 9 File(s) 0.88MB and the error below

Tried it several times, same thing. USB is FAT32, nothing on it just the "samygo-dm" in the root with the rest of the files. I read somewhere a copy/remove function has to be enabled in the CL Manager. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't have that option. Where do i go to enable the copy function (if that's the problem)?

In the children section I successfully removed both items I had in there (some stories or something), it wiped it clean without a glitch.... Tried different USB stick, the same error...

TV Memory 122.19MB/418.97MB Available

Content Management -> setup -> Screen saver run time: 2 hrs and Save UDN below that. Nothing else...

WiselinkWrite is ON

I could only find dumpmaker ver. 0.2 from here: http://download.samygo.tv/B%20Series/Co ... lications/

Any idea?

Thx

PS Out of curiosity I started playing with different extensions run from my USB stick. None of them worked. Not available was the message I got for all of them. Finally I tried ChannelInfo, didn't run either. Then I tried to do a copy to the internal memory and got a message that it's not encrypted with my UDN ( UDN number: STAHM2ZJGNRLV75Q2WFB) . Tried reverting back to the previous firmware 1009 ( I have an option to go back and forth between 1009 and 1010 versions) didn't help either.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

This limitation is expected on so called post februar firmwares (updated after 02/2010...). Nothing new here...

Two options left:
1. Revert back to 1009 and install 1008 firmware which i hope is latest unrestricted. Possible, 1009 already has some limitations and installation of lower version is disabled as well (no update file found error)
2. Widget: viewtopic.php?t=1889#p16417

antidot

Post by antidot »

As a matter of fact I have 1009 installed, but only gives me an option of going back to 1010. If I were to install FFB and everything else outlined in your link you provided above, will that give me firmware 1008, and how??? Is the 1008 firmware file still in the TV's memory somewhere, just hidden?

Can I just find 1008 firmware (somehow / somewhere) and install it?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

you have to search for T-CHE9AUSC-1008.1 on the internet.., here is no other firmware right on TV.

I suggest you to check the widget way, but honestly speaking, here are also problems with widget installation

antidot

Post by antidot »

Will the widget way give me the 1008 version? If yes, how? (would like to know if not a secret :-))
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

widget is used only to transfer apps to TV (workaround that "An unknown error has occurred"). Here is no limitation to run apps if it already inside (from CHILDREN submenu, not GAMES).
If you really need 1008 (for what?), i have dump of this firmware, you can flash it (modified as well) to tv via telnet.

Return to “[B] Firmware”