UE32D5500

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UE32D5500

Post by juusso » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:02 pm

Samba server on Mstar wont work, it is known issue, so you can`t access TV`s internal system over samba. If you`re good in unix, you could try to fix this bug...

You can access TV over ftp on 21 port.

No telnet, but netcat shell. Its almost same, but hasn`t prompt (like ~#). After you connect to 1023 port you dont have any "welcome" sign. Just empty row. Try to enter some unix command there (like ps -A ) and you will be informed about process list on TV :)

To have telnet-like netcat connection you have to use special netcat for windows or better - connect from unix mashine (NAS, router console), here must be unix network negotiation. You cant connect to TV directly using terminal or putty if you`re windows user.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

bibloks

Post by bibloks » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi m8, I have the same firmware but I am not able to Root my TV. I enter the smart hub but I have no option to create an account at the Settings (D or blue) My only option there is samsung account !

Can you tell me how you did it ?

Thanks

TEPEM wrote:Hello everyone,

I can confirm that following instructions on D Series SamyGo Wiki I was able to run SamyGo on my Samsung UE32D5500 (Russian assembly) I have recently purchased. First thing I disabled OTN before plugging ethernet cable so that I am not upgraded to any further firmware SamyGo unfriendly.
Another thing that should probly go without saying is that you need to turn WatchDog off from the service menu before attempting this install. Not sure if it's important but that's what I did and what worked for me.

My firmware details:
T-MST5DEUC-1019.0
T-MST5DEUS-1003

I am connecting my TV with ethernet cable to CISCO Linksys E1000 home router and I am able to see movies, shows and news from the most widgets (haven't tested all of them yet).
Unfortunately Skype widget still does not start.

Indeed an awesome work and I believe I'm not signing in for IpTV from my local provider having all this stuff available for me with just internet connection! ;)

I hope I will be able to assist the society - at least I will do my best with my limited knowledge of *nix systems.
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions related to my particular model

bibloks

Post by bibloks » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:56 pm

HI m8, sorry perhaps I did not explain well.

I enter SmartHub and when I go to to Seting (blue button or D) I have no option there to create an account like wiki how to root TV. Instead, when I press blue I have only
Account Management (that is turned off because I do not have samsung account activated)
Sevice Manager
Reset
Properties

But the only account I can create thought smarthub is with red button (Login) that is samsung account.

So in this manner I don't know how to root my TV. Do you have idea where I am going wrong here ?

Thanks

bibloks

bibloks

Post by bibloks » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:52 pm

yes, I realized that m8, thanks a lot, I just thought I should even approach to samsung login :)

bibloks

Post by bibloks » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:22 am

OK its finished, I have rooted and installed widgets, I see plenty of widgets in russian, I have no use of them as I do not know russian.

now its time to slwap and we'll continue tomorrow. Thanks a lot.

bibloks

Post by bibloks » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:14 am

OK can you guys help me uninstall all these russian widgets and change the country, I need only english widgets.
I see TV has only some eastern Europe countries and couple of Asiatic ones to choose, When I choose other in the list it installs russian or bulgarian I am not sure !

the TV though IP will identify as Serbia and Montenegro that is correct but I need to change to english, because of the lack of the knowledge of the language its creating me problems.

Thanks

Return to “[D] General”