Samsung D503 doesn't play video from USB

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

Milorad

Re: Samsung D503 doesn't play video from USB

Post by Milorad »

Following the instructions I changed the model from 503 to UD5005 (no D5005 was listed) and it works fine and plays movies from usb. Thanks guys
ashtonwp

Post by ashtonwp »

I have tried both settings and does not play avi files saying not correct format.
mati83

Post by mati83 »

Does anyone know the factory tuner type (in the service menu) of the le40d503?
I found a method to enable the video files watching of usb, and I changed the tv model ud5005, but I think I also changed the tuner type.

Thank you!
lucya

Post by lucya »

Hi all - I bought this tv and found the same, and corrected the problem using the instructions above. The only thing is, now when I watch films from my USB, I can't stop or pause them as the remote control that came with the tv doesn't have these functions. Can anyone suggest a remote control replacement that I can buy that will be compatible, or if I can access a stop/pause menu on the tv, or am I stuck with it? Thanks!
sanflores

Post by sanflores »

lucya wrote:Hi all - I bought this tv and found the same, and corrected the problem using the instructions above. The only thing is, now when I watch films from my USB, I can't stop or pause them as the remote control that came with the tv doesn't have these functions. Can anyone suggest a remote control replacement that I can buy that will be compatible, or if I can access a stop/pause menu on the tv, or am I stuck with it? Thanks!
You are stuck with it because the universal remotes won't be able to stop/play/pause... BUT you have 2 options:

Buy a generic remote for this model
Or what I do is, check the time of the video, click exit, go away, and then play, and go to where you left it
jindono

Post by jindono »

Hi all,
I followed your instructions (changing the model via the service menu), I have only listed : LD503 and UD5003. So I changed the model from LD503 to UD5003 but still can't read videos with usb... Have I to change the tuner , or the type ? Can you help me please ?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Don`t touch the tuner! this can lead in to the brick.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
jindono

Post by jindono »

juuso wrote:Don`t touch the tuner! this can lead in to the brick.
pfeww :oops: thx juuso ! Should I change the type? there are many listed 32XXXX 40XXXX 46XXXX ? some types change the screen colour from grey to green, and some doesn't...
mrfunknuts

Post by mrfunknuts »

the remote for the c530 will work for playing and searching through a video on the d503 ( just tried it as i have the d503 and the c530).
the remote model number is bn59-01014a
adeelmushtaq3

Post by adeelmushtaq3 »

i can't find either d550 or 5003 in da model the only option are ud5003 and d503. both of which donot play video. really want to play video via usb help plz

Return to “[D] General”