Setting up SamyGO on UE40D6750 ?

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

Stewox

Setting up SamyGO on UE40D6750 ?

Post by Stewox »

hello

TV INFO:
model: RBUE40D6750WSRZF

T-GASDEUC-1016.0 (i saw .3 in the old firmware thread, didn't found dl link )
T-GENDEUS1-1003

EDID Success
Option: 1B0708030002C

T-GASDEU-1000
DTP-SDAL-GENS-0107-35
RFS:"Genoa.S 1014"
2011-10-13
Onboot: 0066
PARMA3D: 0104
CPLD: 0004

F-CT-0x1A-0012
Bluetooth: 185

Type: 40P1UF6E
Factory Data Ver: 253
EERC ver: 132
DTP-AP-COMP-639-GENOA_DEU-76
DTP-BP-HAL-0128-GENOA_DEU-025
DTP-BP-0612-42
9/1/2011

-------------------------------------------
[*]All i want to do is to have keyboard working, mouse too if possible, + youtube app and web browser, i don't need anything else.
[*]I also watch stuff via allshare a lot, but i don't watch 3D movies nor anything, but still i would like future-proof

I have Win7x64 on PCs, wired and wireless capability, TV is 2meters away from linksys WRT320N router with DD-WRT installed.

So reading this site which is a bit of a pain for a new guy, some things weren't understandable right away because of bad english.

What i think i need to do:
1. Enable RS323 in service menu (not yet)
2. Create Developer account (already done)
3. Login as develop (already done)
4. Connect to SamyGo server IP (not yet)
5. Start SamyGo app (not yet)
6. Install widgets Youtube, web browser, ..etc

Also ...

Problems
- GAS6DEUC "all extension" zip i found v0.036 r15 is also for GASDEUC ?
- where's the custom firmware ... I have hard time understanding this whole thing , needed 2-3 days to figure out where the heck is the installer.
- i still don't understand the "updates" for "D series arm hack" , broken links and instructions are not detailed for those who don't know how the heck to start.
- Im a big PC geek (modder, custom DIY hardware) so it's surprising how i feel a total noob here.

Idea:
-Why just not hack a firmware and install everything via USB with all widgets on the get go and to avoid all this FTP shell stuff ?
- the PVR function that records the channel video could be set to output to network source , eg: win7 shared folder on 1000 GB hard drive :D ... and that's when this PVR thing can actually be worthwhile to use.

I had to go throuh MONTH and a bit more of research to buy this model that my budget allowed me, so i wasn't at all thinking about series 8 or 7 , it's REFURBISHED for 700? , i had no idea about the 3D "Full" HD fiasco , i was researching on AVForums, first time bought HDTV i had no experience before. It's way better than my parents' UE40C530 (not ethernet, non-led) that's for sure, but i wasn't expecting that crappy firmware and software.

The biggest annoyance in HDTVs has to be the ridicolous long time to change channel, this has to be the most freaking downside ever.
Stewox

Re: Setting up SamyGO on UE40D6750 ?

Post by Stewox »

Anyone ?

Im i on the right track or is there somethign else to do ?
Stewox

Post by Stewox »

Turned off Watchdog
Set Debug on RS232
Installed widgets
Restarted TV
Executed SamyGo extension
something was writting, one page of yellow text
when text stopped, waited only a few seconds and exited
new device "Virt. USB" window appeared for a while and disappeared
automatically exited smart hub
TV normally working on continuing from same channel, no shutdown/restart.
--------------------

I left it ON since ... now what ? I do not know if i did it correct so im afraid to do anything else until i know what's going on.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I think better you start read what SamyGO Extensions are and what D series hack for root devices is.
If you read howto, you should know that those yellow letters on green background and virtual usb means you have SamyGO installed already.
I can`t help you to install, because you`re done with this. But further you have to work self: spend more time for reading and understanding.
Thanks.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
docG4

Post by docG4 »

juuso thanks for the post.
It is useful since I'm at the same point that Stewox above (yellow letters and virtual USB appearing)
but with UE55D7000 which I do not understand since in your post
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3501
you say it does not work for D7/8!
So is it possible or not to install SamyGO extension in D7/8 series ???

Regarding the install of extensions, the wiki page
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/SamyGO_Extensions_Pack
only mention installation on C and B but not on D....
The wiki only says :"on any model where you can start a script" but can I start a script on a D model
with SamyGO widget installed and no firmware patch ?? (does not seems so but not clear).

I you can please point to a post where this is explained better for D models...thanks!!
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by Lordbyte »

You should start looking at the section of this bord conserning the "D-series".

That would be here: viewforum.php?f=22

Then .. Read EVERY post that looks like something interesting ..
Words like "root" and "hack" should trigger your curiosity.

I have a D-series TV, and it dident take me that long to find the DNS-instructions
and download/install a "nice" firmware that caters for a SamyGO installation.

Looking forward to specific questions that would indicate you have researched a bit.
This community is very helpfull .. except when people want "solutions" instead of "knowledge" :D

Best of luck .. both of you.
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
docG4

Post by docG4 »

Thanks Lordbyte for your answer.

I have already installed the SamyGO widget thanks to the instruction on the site,
no problem there; and I have read hundreds of the posts but (obviously not the
whole forum as there are thousands of posts) there mostly related to editing firmware
or rooting it while I only want to install SamyGO extensions not permanently.

I will give another try at reading but the problem is that the wiki for the "SamyGO extensions"
has not been updated after series C and I do not want to patch the firmware permanently
only based on forum indivuald posts since I do not want to risk bricking the TV
(even if I have the ex-link). If I ever discover a "standard" way of doing it for all D
model I volunteer to update the documentation on the wiki page for "SamyGO extensions".

Wish me good luck.
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by Lordbyte »

If you read the rooting-instructions, you should realise that there is no such thing as a "permanent" root.
The "root" is present as long as the widget is installed. Remove widget and root is gone .. I even believe I saw juuso explain that in the rooting-instructions.

Your TV is basically a computer running Linux .. if you uninstall files (widgets) the functionality is gone without a trace.
And your risk of bricking TV is miniscule, as the SamyGO community have been testing (and ironing out problems) for a LONG time now.

I suggest you grab hold of your balls and stop being a wuss :-)

I rooted my 3 days old PS64F8505 without problems .. Since then I have lost root (resetting smarthub, or factory-reset) at least 25 times,
and re-installed root again .. Today its such an ordinary thing to me that I have setup a "permanent" web-server ready to serve the "SamyGO.zip"
anytime the TV "need" it ..

Best of luck :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.

Return to “[D] General”