HbbTV on Samsung D8000

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

Ryan

HbbTV on Samsung D8000

Post by Ryan »

Hi all,

Is there a way to enable "Data Service" on a Samsung UE46D8000 in order to activate HbbTV without changing the country code to EU_GER? It does work perfectly when I change the country code to EU_GER but that also makes me lose the fast scan channel list option for Dutch satellite television. So, it would be great if I could activate HbbTV without having to change the country code. Does anyone know whether or not this is possible?

Thanks!

Ryan
BobbieBambi

Re: HbbTV on Samsung D8000

Post by BobbieBambi »

what are HbbTV on Samsung D8000 ,recent I want to buy a TV as I want to use as married furniture.
mazmart

Post by mazmart »

How do i change my lang_set to EU_GER i have it in EU and it is greyed in service menu :(
NeoMoucha
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by NeoMoucha »

I love SamyGO :)
mazmart

Post by mazmart »

thanks that worked :) too bad still 2 days to launch HbbTV in czech Republic
mazmart

Post by mazmart »

ok i found a problem with this. when i select eu_ger character sets in guide changes to western ... but i need utf or central for accents ... ???...
NeoMoucha
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by NeoMoucha »

ano je to tak, h??ky a ??rky jsou pak v ...

english:
yeah that is right, the EPG is then encoded in western, not central eu anymore :(
mazmart

Post by mazmart »

is there a way to tell samsung to include HbbTV into EU firmware?
NeoMoucha
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by NeoMoucha »

You can try contacting Samsung's customer service, but as far as I know, somebody already did that and their response was only to say something like "there is no support for hbbtv in The Czech Republic"
without telling anything about future updates...
:(
and if they include hbbtv support in the future firmware release, we are gonna loose samygo :(
and I will definitely choose Samygo, not hbbtv :D
mazmart

Post by mazmart »

NeoMoucha wrote:You can try contacting Samsung's customer service, but as far as I know, somebody already did that and their response was only to say something like "there is no support for hbbtv in The Czech Republic"
without telling anything about future updates...
:(
and if they include hbbtv support in the future firmware release, we are gonna loose samygo :(
and I will definitely choose Samygo, not hbbtv :D
yes yes i know but i bought my tv with newest firmware so i can't have samygo anyway so ... i want hbbtv ... and btw. today Ceska Televize started to send hbbtv to DVB-T so samsung should now e more concerned ...

Return to “[D] General”