a world of FUN FUN FUN!- Lots O Hidden Apps On Your D Series

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

Rukusx7

Re: a world of FUN FUN FUN!- Lots O Hidden Apps On Your D Se

Post by Rukusx7 »

Following the same steps that were used, instead choose option "Infolink Country" and choose your desired country!
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

prairie wrote:
dariuswb wrote:
Spoza wrote: Okay, done that(*) and the options appeared... all set, SmartHub said it needs to update and then the new widgets appeared. Thanks!

(*)
As written in some other thread, I needed to click the 3speed button twice to get it working.
When I clicked it only once, the TV started periodically displaying fullscreen different solid colors and stopped reacting on remote... even unplugging and replugging the power didn;t help :-O. But then I noticed that the normal TV operation continues in background (e.g. SamyGO widget start appeared on the screen), so I tried ruSamsungTVCommunicator again and the TV returned to normal operation.
(It's a bit off-topic, but this description may hopefully help others with the 3speed operation...)
Strange, when I press the 3Speed button on ruSamsungTVCommunicator, I just get an error on TV "Not Available" and nothing happens. I went to the service menu and haven't noticed any changes :(

My tv is UE55D7000 with firmware 1018
newer firmwares have disabled factory remote emulation
Still works on my UE46D7000 with 1021.8 firmware, just I get no extra widgets?
alxmax

Post by alxmax »

Does this hack allow me to install any web browser? I have a UE40D5500.
UE40D5500
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I don`t think so. But are you guys crazy about browser in TV? Seems this is most wanted function for all models where browser doesnt exist.
Despite i have this on mine TV, i don`t use it at all, because usage of browser is terrible... navigation using RC is slow, input of address or other txt is not acceptable. Also here is no keyboard which could work together, just maybe some expensive rf original samsung`s keyboard. Just my IMO.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
alxmax

Post by alxmax »

juuso wrote:I don`t think so. But are you guys crazy about browser in TV? Seems this is most wanted function for all models where browser doesnt exist.
:) I would like not to be so dependent on those lousy news widgets that are installed on my TV-set. The only choice would be a web browser and I do want it! Did I mention that some of those crappy widgets cannot be uninstalled? RedBull and some others that Samsung Apps application stuck in my throat just because they are specific to my country. I have tried to see how to build a web browser myself, but Samsung couldn't choose a more unfriendly environment than Java Script and a more unfriendly SDK! Not to mention that I couldn't find a toolchain for the Mstar 5 architecture (which is MIPS).
UE40D5500
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

alxmax wrote: Not to mention that I couldn't find a toolchain for the Mstar 5 architecture (which is MIPS).

Check this
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

I have to agree, the use of the web browser is painfully slow, believe me once you use the browser, you will want the widgets back straight away:grin:
gripped

Post by gripped »

I came across this while searching for a way to access the new 'BBC Sport' app and the 'ITV Player' app.

I have a UE37D5520 on the latest firmware 1020.4
After following the instructions the 'BBC Sport' app appeared and it works. 'ITV Player' app still doesn't show.

Thanks for the info.
draugadrotten

Post by draugadrotten »

Rukusx7 wrote:Following the same steps that were used, instead choose option "Infolink Country" and choose your desired country!
Confirmed working

D8005 firmware 1018

When using ruSamsungTVCommunicator in TV mode, Factory/3Speed displays a system message saying the function is not available.
  • To enter menu power off: then press Info, Menu, Mute, Power
  • When TV displays service menu,
  • Start ruSamsungTVCommunicator on PC
  • Select Fernbedienung, Factory , then 3Speed
  • Now TV shows the extended service menu and settings can be made - including Infolink Country

Then reboot the TV and enter SmartTV & Samsung Apps.

However, very few additional apps are visible for Country:Sweden. There is still no Netflix widget, which is the reason I went through all this.

I want to use Netflix but still keep firmware 1018 for SamyGO compability. Anyone has the netflix widget for Sweden and could upload it?
silverbios

Post by silverbios »

good!
but after reboot tv all app deleted!!!
why?
tnx

Return to “[D] General”