PROBLEM SAMSUNG LE40D503 HELP ME

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

resident

PROBLEM SAMSUNG LE40D503 HELP ME

Post by resident »

Hello everyone I have a problem with my samsung le40d503. I read on this forum that this model of television could read the video usb, with one change. I followed the steps but when or power cycled the TV screen images are upside down and all the colors have changed, or tried to push back the D503 model, but the problem continues.
(Sorry for the english I'm Italian)
mrfunknuts

Re: PROBLEM SAMSUNG LE40D503 HELP ME

Post by mrfunknuts »

did you take note of all settings in the service menu before you changed anything, i have the same tv and took photos of all the service menu data before changing anything, i will try and find them when i get home to post for you to see what you have changed
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

to change back your image you have to change service menu settings:

Code: Select all

Control --> Config option --> "HV flip" and set it to "Off"
Control"--> Sub Options --> "Lvds Format" set to "VESA"
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4826#p35928
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
spb03

Post by spb03 »

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem with the same TV. Originally I wanted to play USB videos and changed the model. There was no LD550 or D5005 as in the previous post, I put something else - think I put UD5003. Since then picture is flipped and colours are nasty. I put back LD503 - but with no luck - it was even indicating in the option (overview) that it was LE22LD503? I really dont understand why. In my control service menu there is no "config option" ..and in the sub options menu >> lvds format , VESA is selected already. I tried factory reset but no luck at all!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S Everytime I try to select different model, I notice new models come in the options , and now most seem like to be for 19inch model. I really don't understand and I am in a big mess.
spb03

Post by spb03 »

Update to my problem.. actually I selected JEIDA instead of VESA from the Control"--> Sub Options --> "Lvds Format" menu. Now the colours are fine, still inverted picture. Again I don't have "config option" from the control menu.

Now it has model: LE19D550 selected and the USB video works with nice colours. "Type" from the options menu is: 19A6TH1E. Just the flipped picture to sort out somehow...
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

try to enable extended service menu, then you get ability (i hope) to flip your screen. Use one of available methods.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
spb03

Post by spb03 »

Thanks for the quick response. Thanks for the link too - I understood the tasks but it seems quite complicated for my abilities. I havent decided yet whether I will try it or not. So basically as I don't have that option in the SM , the onliest way is to open the extended SM? THere is no other method at all? Changing to another model, factory reset etc? Even choosing my original model (LD503) it shows up as LE19D503, (19 inch?? ) and still inverted .. Very silly - no logic at all why it has decided to flip its screen
spb03

Post by spb03 »

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Must have accidentally the TYPE in the OPTION menu. I have put type that starts with 19, now changed to the one that starts with 40 and screen flipped back normal. Thanks again for the immediate response and the nice support-forum. All the best
hnoor0033

Post by hnoor0033 »

I havent decided yet whether I will try it or not. So basically as I don't have that option in the SM , the onliest way is to open the extended SM? THere is no other method at all? Changing to another model, factory reset etc?

Return to “[D] General”