Changed model, having problems

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

neluz6

Changed model, having problems

Post by neluz6 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Hello,

2 years ago I bought a Samsung Smart tv, a UED6200 series. For me the problem with this tv was it didn't have
built in wifi. So I bought the samsung usb wifi dongle and soon I was able to connect to my wifi. However, I discovered
that I wasn't able to download a Browser app for my tv. Some research told me this option wasn't available for my tv.
The browser app is supported by models d6500 and later. I did some more research and found out it was possible to
tweak the tv into thinking it was an other model using rusamsungtvcommunicator and the service menu. So I did, I
changed the model to a ued6500.

When I restarted the tv I was happy to see that it had worked, the browser app was now available in my smarthub.
However, I am not able to use it at the moment since my tv won't connect to my wifi anymore.

I thinks it is becouse the Samsung ued6500 does have built in wifi, so it wants to use the internal wifi module, wich is
not actually in there. And it doesn't recognize the usb wifi dongle. So at the moment, my tv can't go online at all...

I can't put it back to model ued6200 becouse I have to use rusamsungtvcommunictor, wich uses the tv's wifi connection,
wich I don't have.

Has anyone here got any ideas for me? I'm not sure what the factory reset would do. So I wanted to ask here first, before
the tv get's damaged more.

any help would be appreciated.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Changed model, having problems

Post by juusso » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:33 pm

service menu, config options, wireless ext instead of int.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. Imagerooting K seriesImage, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

neluz6

Re: Changed model, having problems

Post by neluz6 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:40 am

juuso wrote:service menu, config options, wireless ext instead of int.
thanks for your help. however, this didn't work for me. The option you are talking about is not available on
my television. There is no wireless or wifi option at all in the config options menu. So whatelse can I do?

Return to “[D] General”