Working Video On D503 Series *Fixed*

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

maingoee

Working Video On D503 Series *Fixed*

Post by maingoee »

Hi.

After a lot of ready and putting info together from this site, i have finally got videos (including mkv and 1080p mp4 files) to work on stock 2011 firmware with little to no modding.

My model is LA40D503F7MXXS (AUS) even though it was bought new in singapore. Currently its running stock firmware from 2011 as it is a friends tv and i wasnt willing to brick it by installing the wrong update.

How to:

1. Turn off the tv (standby mode)
2. Press Info then Menu then mute then power (one after the other not all at the same time. Also tv must me in standby mode)
* When the tv turns on you will be presented with a service menu.
3. Click option (first in the menu)
4. Go down to model and change it from D503 to LD561H (EDIT: LD561 works but then hdmi 1 doesnt work, Use UD5800)
5. Press return on remote (probably not needed but hey)
6. Press the power button to turn the tv off.
7. Enjoy movies and videos on your D5 series tv.

To watch simply plug in usb and change input to usb or press content and scroll over to the right menu.

Only glitch i have found is it lists 1 extra hdmi port and a pc port that may or may not exist. Minor set back.

Tested with 1080p mkv and mp4 with usb formatted to fat32 due to owner being a dirty mac user.

All of this info was found on this site, Just not complete or in one post. Thank you to all who helped me figure this out.

Return to “[D] General”