Some final questions before "jailbreaking" my TV

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

Misthaufen

Some final questions before "jailbreaking" my TV

Post by Misthaufen »

Hi all,

I have a Samsung UE46D8090 with firmware T-GAP8DEUC_1000.1

Why I want to install modified firmware:
I have a Synology NAS und want to access my NAS through my TV. Sure I have DS Audio, DS Video and DS Photo in connection with an Apple TV 3 (there is no Jailbreak for version 3). But sometimes its better (for photos) to enter my NAS photo directory directly via TV.

I can say I am an "experienced user", have strong UNIX knowledge, studied Computer Science ... So, I guess I am armed well to take the battle.

There are some questions which I want to discuss with more experienced users:

1. As I understand, I download the "latest" firmware, patch it und install it via USB, right? I am little bit confused about this:
WARNING: DO NOT UPDATE THE SAMSUNG LATEST FIRMWARE UPGRADES or YOU CAN NOT USE OUR HACKS AND CAN NOT REVERT FIRMWARE BACK EASILY!
So that means, I should download not the 1031?

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
I guess after installed the modified firmware?

3. Am I right?:
Download a firmware from Samsung page.
Patch it with the python patcher.
Install it via USB on my TV.
Success, now I can install stuff and enable SAMBA, NFC, what ever?

Thanks.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Some final questions before "jailbreaking" my TV

Post by juusso »

Hi, you`re completely wrong with 1 and with 2 and with 3...

"python stuff" and "patched firmware" only belongs to B series. Here is no patched firmware for other series, especially for D.

What you have to do to access your NAS shares, you have to follow D series root (check my signature) and then manupulate with scripts inside.

That`s all. Do not forget to disable OTN support in service menu and do not install any firmware upgrade if you need to have root/SamyGO.

p.s. you always have original firmware. SamyGO runs as widget and adds some extra features.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Misthaufen

Re: Some final questions before "jailbreaking" my TV

Post by Misthaufen »

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!
I just managed to install the SamyGO Widget.
I can enter the console on my TV.

I saw the wiki-page regarding the extension, but I am stucking on it. I just want to access my NAS via TV. I am not lazy, but can you please say it in some few words how I do this?

The problem is: I cannot access TV via webshell, filemanager, FTP, like shown here: http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Rootin ... models#FTP

Return to “[D] General”