So I was looking to get better at programming C# and other things and I a great opportunity came up that I would just rewrite the whole Destroi program from scratch myself.
This may seem to be late to the party, but actually not everyone replaces their electronics every 2-3 years so one of the TVs that my parents use for recording is the EU version of the D7650 model. Since I have experience with transcoding from the past and other things, I figured I can do something about the overkill of the official DVB-C MPEG2-TS bitrate that comes from the ISP. So this setup of using a larger HDD for recordings and a smaller HDD for normal videos but actually putting transcoded recordings on there is a really fast way of not deleting them while relieving the space on the XFS recording device.
Because of the 1 hour disconnect issue and the fact that Destroi auto-overwritten the files, I had to extend my visit to basically as if I moved back for a while and fiddle with the sorting of files and sitting through making sure Destroi was working, it was heavily affecting multitasking, so I had to do something about it.
Infact, I actually tried hotfixing the Destroi source, but I got frustrated with the WPF environment, getting it to compile took a few days, then weird bugs started appearing with the GUI that I had no idea how to fix, not only that, I had a real trouble navigating and understanding the source code it self, however since SMPVRDLDE is based on Destroi I had to figure out the whole pipeline and from WPF to Winforms is not easy at all considering I had little idea about WPF and C# in general.
While it's not completely finalized, I decided I would took a few hours and just make the initial release right now when I had all of this fresh in my head, I rather make the thread right now.
Source is also provided because it's probably a requirement, while it's completely rewritten it was still semi-recycling Destroi code, the core meat of it still uses most Destroi components.
SMPVRDLDE Version 0.9.0 - Initial Release Changes Versus Destroi 1.3.3:
- - Initial changes are suited only for my needs/liknesses - currently meant only for D-Series, but it could work for C-Series as well, tester welcome, if it's an easy fix I could do it.
- - Switched to Winforms - Initial release requires .NET Framework 4.7 Client -- Offline Installers (Available on Win7, Win 8.1 and Win10)
- - The whole program was designed to be simplified in terms of threading so that any bugs from that are completely avoided.
- - Dynamic (threaded) operations removed, the program will not connect or do anything until you set all your options and manually start the process.
- - The GUI is totally different, designed around the 1440p resolution and not meant to be resized, most options are not editable after the first step has been started.
- - Extensive operation messaging is provided in the status ouput box.
- - KeyRetMethod is MDB only, DRMGet is not implemented and will probably not be, I think telnet doesn't even work on my TV.
- - Removed offline decryption - this tool is On-The-Fly only - decrypting while downloading.
- - It will not list all recordings on all devices, you either manually select a specific device, or only the first device with recordings will be automatically selected.
- - Will not auto-overwrite existing downloads unless enabled in options, but it has the ability to check if an existing file is valid (partial), if it's not the correct size, only then it will redownload it and overwrite.
- - The ~1 hour disconnect issue has strangely disappeared accidentially while fixing something else, but it may not be a guarantee.
- - Implementing selection through the listview - initial release 0.9.0 has manual index only.
- - Finishing Restart Download Queue feature to work correctly - disabled in 0.9.0
- - Output Option to skip downloading INF files.
- - Output Option to replace filename spaces with _
- - Output Option to backup(move) the recording that exists locally but was marked for redownload with overwrite.
- - Further fixes for progress bar indications not being shown accurately under certain circumstances (problematic in winforms it self)
- - This is not a complete list.
- - Non-Critical unhandled exception when backspacing the last number in the FTP Connection textboxes.
- - Some minor issues at selection of the input device when using automatic initially, it will show an erorr, already know what is wrong just don't have time to fix now, just type the name of the PVR device name manually for now.