PVR Disable Encryption C/D Serie.

Here are software that related with Samsung D series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

thetmyster

Re: PVR Disable Encryption C/D Serie.

Post by thetmyster »

I applied all of these accordingly and permissions to 777, however when tv starts in hospitality the pvr encryption is still enabled, and the files won't playback,

i did the geneva, what is difference between geneva and velencia?
DEUS
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by DEUS »

What TV you have? 1.Firmware 2.Frimwareversion 3.Type
Jmg

Post by Jmg »

... Sorry, please ignore this, Server Problem ...
Last edited by Jmg on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UE46D8000, T-GAP8DEUC_1018.1
Jmg

Post by Jmg »

... Sorry, please ignore this, Server Problem ...
Last edited by Jmg on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jmg

Post by Jmg »

@ Denny and DEUS,

I hope that you will allow me a question, but after reading the whole discussion here there is still one thing that I have not understood.

I have a UE46D8000, rev1018 firmware with running SamyGO (finally after this great firmware downgrade possibility).
But do I still need to have the 01_04_pvr_drm_disable.init script installed?
Denny, for this you already wrote:
Denny wrote:you do no need to run 01_04_pvr_drm_disable.init , the patch is alredy aplied when you start samygo main application.
so, disable this back by rename
And I can confirm that the DRM disabling is actually working for me and my setup.

But DEUS: if the disabling of the DRM encryption is now already part of the SamyGO distribution, why is the 01_04_pvr_drm_disable.init script still maintained via your webif?
I mean, this is the same as for the D-series Wiki page: also here this script is still mentioned to be required for DRM disabling.

Is this model specific? Or are there any advantages that I have not understood why I should use Samsung_pvr in addition (I know that for this I anyhow should not use the 1018 firmware)?
As I said: there is no real need to bother you. Only that I would like to understand a bit more about the background...

Many thanks in advance.
DEUS
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by DEUS »

@Jmg if you want to record unencrypted when TV is off (Timer) does the widget start before? (there are some ways, i know)
this is mainly for the hospitality hack, where it gets executed with every start of the TV, so no start of the widget is neccesary.
Jmg

Post by Jmg »

DEUS wrote:this is mainly for the hospitality hack, where it gets executed with every start of the TV, so no start of the widget is neccesary.
Thanks a lot for the good advise. This is really something I did not consider yet (I.e. timer recordings), as for normal Tv watching the Tv can be programmed to start the widget automatically after each start-up.
seker

Post by seker »

I've activated to launch Samy widget on tv startup and it works with timeshift, even when my tv is off, but every time tv is turned on it launches smarthub, opens window about connecting usb.

Is there a way to launch Samy "silent" on every startup so there be only displayed channel?
vinikorn

Post by vinikorn »

Couldn't you develop the DeSTRoi program, that it would be able to make not .ts video file, but .avi? It could be certainly done. Thank you in advance.

I can't manage to convert .avi from .ts video file. I have a Samsung D6500 TV.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

why don`t just rename to *.avi?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[D] Software”