[APP] Samy PVR Manager

Here are software that related with Samsung D series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

Ramses

Re: [APP] Samy PVR Manager

Post by Ramses »

rol wrote:... Currently, the PvrManager handles only fav 2 (ie it sets 2 at 0x1D1C when the fav flag is turned on).
Could you add the support for the 5 fav flags?
version 0.96 supports all 5 fav flags
rol wrote:I've discovered some other flags and information stored in the INF file, in addition to the one already described in the INF Format page:

0x065C: Guidance Information present flag. (1=present, 0=absent)
0x0660 up to 0x06F5: Guidance Information text (null terminated)
-- cut --
I hope this helps improve your program!
thanx for the list

In my opinion 0x065C contains the length of "Guidance Information text".
Last edited by Ramses on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramses

Post by Ramses »

rol wrote:I can't get it to work. I've added this line in the properties file:
path=/dtv/usb/sda1/CONTENTS
but I still have the "CONTENTS not found" error message.

Can you explain what path exactly must be provided, with a concrete example? Is it a FTP path, or the path relative to the Samba shared folder?

Also, I suggest to modify the error message to display the full path of the folder that is checked. That will greatly help understand why it cannot be found. Thanks!
Have you solved your problem?
path=/dtv/usb/sda1/CONTENTS is correct if this is your partition. Its the FTP path.
In version 0.96 are much more debug information.
rol

Post by rol »

Thanks for the info. Not sure why I don't have the latest version. I'll try it soon...
Ramses wrote:In my opinion 0x065C contains the length of "Guidance Information text".
Oh, yes, probably. I've filled most unknown locations of a test inf file with 0xFF just to verify if something changes, and with 0xFF at 0x065C, the TV has displayed the guidance text. It seems that if it is null terminated, the TV can handle it correctly. But it is probably better to store the length.
Ramses wrote:Have you solved your problem?
path=/dtv/usb/sda1/CONTENTS is correct if this is your partition. Its the FTP path.
In version 0.96 are much more debug information.
No, never got it working. I will try with v0.96.
rol

Post by rol »

Where is v0.96? I can't find it here.
Ramses

Post by Ramses »

rol wrote:Where is v0.96? I can't find it here.
Coming soon ... (this weekend)
andi

Post by andi »

Hi,
I am trying to use PVR Manager on a blu-ray player with internal HDD (BD-D8900) with SamyGO successfuly installed. I can use it through Samba share with Open folder option, but not directly with FTP. No CONTENTS are found. Probably the reason is that the path of the internal HDD storage is not:
/dtv/usb/sdx/CONTENTS and /dtv/usb/sdx/database, but:
/mtd_wiselink/CONTENTS and /mtd_wiselink/database
Is it possible to modify the program to work correctly with internal HDD storage or make an option to select the path manually?
Specifying the path option in SamyGoPvrManager.properties does not seem to work.

Thanks for the effort!
Ramses

Post by Ramses »

andi wrote:Hi,
I am trying to use PVR Manager on a blu-ray player with internal HDD (BD-D8900) with SamyGO successfuly installed. I can use it through Samba share with Open folder option, but not directly with FTP. No CONTENTS are found. Probably the reason is that the path of the internal HDD storage is not:
/dtv/usb/sdx/CONTENTS and /dtv/usb/sdx/database, but:
/mtd_wiselink/CONTENTS and /mtd_wiselink/database
Is it possible to modify the program to work correctly with internal HDD storage or make an option to select the path manually?
Specifying the path option in SamyGoPvrManager.properties does not seem to work.
If you have FTP access with ftp://my.ip.of.tv/mtd_wiselink/CONTENTS (in your web browser) then this should work.

Code: Select all

server=my.ip.of.tv
path=/mtd_wiselink/CONTENTS 
rol

Post by rol »

Regarding this 'path=' option, it seems that the program modifies it sometimes, or it removes it from the config file. It's perhaps why it has never worked for me. IMO, it should be a read-only option, never directly modified by the program without the explicit user consent.

@ andi: You should try to add that option in the file "%AppData%\Ramses\SamyGoPvrManager\SamyGoPvrManager.properties"
Ramses

Post by Ramses »

rol wrote:Regarding this 'path=' option, it seems that the program modifies it sometimes ...
Yes, its my property file :D
path contains the last FTP path of a succesful connection. It tries it also at first at startup. (Thats why you can use it for modifing)
If no success it checks following pathes:

Code: Select all

/dtv/usb/sda/CONTENTS
/dtv/usb/sda1/CONTENTS
/dtv/usb/sda2/CONTENTS
/dtv/usb/sdb/CONTENTS
/dtv/usb/sdb1/CONTENTS
/dtv/usb/sdb2/CONTENTS
/dtv/usb/sdc/CONTENTS
/dtv/usb/sdc1/CONTENTS
/dtv/usb/sdc2/CONTENTS
rol

Post by rol »

Well, then I don't understand why it doesn't work for me, as my path is /dtv/usb/sda1/CONTENTS.
Could it be a problem with the IP? Mine is 192.168.0.3. (It is correct in the properties file, and I can easily open the FTP directory with any FTP client, but not with the PVR Manager.)

Return to “[D] Software”