[APP] Samy PVR Manager

Here are software that related with Samsung D series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [APP] Samy PVR Manager

Post by juusso »

Ramses wrote: Metadata are in the *.inf files.
Thumbnails are in the *.mta files. (base64 coded jpegs)
Keys are in the *.mdb files.
Videos are in the *.srt files.
Shouldn`t we have this on the wiki?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Ramses

Post by Ramses »

A new version of Samy PVR Manager version 0.95 is available for download.

Bug fixes:
- daylight saving time (extra hour) fixed
- revert of some thumbnails fixed
- recording details dialog close button (X) fixed
- some minor bugs fixed
Last edited by Ramses on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoza

Post by Spoza »

I noticed one strange thing with the recording length...

Here is what I do:
- edit the recording (cut out the commercials, etc.) using VideoReDo
- copy the edited stream back to TV
- edit accordingly the recording length in the INF using SamyGo PVR Manager (and save the edited INF of course)

The corrected recording length is then shown in the TV in the recording list.
But when I start playing the recording, the "playback progress bar" at the top of the screen still shows the original recording length...

Note: all info in the edited stream _IS_ correct, VideoReDo doesn't have any problem with incorrect output streams.

Can it be that TV still calculates the length from the "Timer Start" and "Timer End" values?
PS59D6900 T-MST5DEUC-1023.0
Ramses

Post by Ramses »

Spoza wrote:I noticed one strange thing with the recording length...

Can it be that TV still calculates the length from the "Timer Start" and "Timer End" values?
No. I've changed the duration and timer start time and timer end time but the "playback progress bar" at the top of the screen still shows the original recording length.
Spoza

Post by Spoza »

But where does it get the original recording length from?! Is it written yet somewhere else in the INF file, on a place you don't allow to edit?
Note the third bullet in my previous post - I edit the recording length to the new value...
PS59D6900 T-MST5DEUC-1023.0
Ramses

Post by Ramses »

May be it is written in the mta or mdb file which contain also metadata of the recording.
rol

Re: AW: [APP] Samy PVR Manager

Post by rol »

DEUS wrote:My interest is actually the date format.
LucianH wrote:I can't fathom out the date/time notation. Your program displays duration with an extra hour added. It appears that the DURATION in 0x0308 is held in seconds (and when I do the hex convert it gives the right duration). However, I can't work out the format for the RECTIME in 0x0304 (and also for the TIMERSTART and TIMEREND) - any clues?
It seems that the date format is identical (or similar?) to the timeVal of the Tcl clock command. Here is the definition of the timeVal from the Tcl doc:
An integer value passed to the clock command that represents an absolute time as a number of seconds from the epoch time of 1 January 1970, 00:00 UTC. Note that the count of seconds does not include any leap seconds; seconds are counted as if each UTC day has exactly 86400 seconds. Tcl responds to leap seconds by speeding or slowing its clock by a tiny fraction for some minutes until it is back in sync with UTC; its data model does not represent minutes that have 59 or 61 seconds.
I don't know if it is stored in UTC or local format in the inf file.
Last edited by rol on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rol

Post by rol »

On my UE40D6500, there are 5 favourite flags. The same recording can be flagged as fav 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5, or several favs at the same time, such as fav 1+2+5. The info is stored in bits 0-4 of the byte at 0x1D1C. Currently, the PvrManager handles only fav 2 (ie it sets 2 at 0x1D1C when the fav flag is turned on).
Could you add the support for the 5 fav flags?

Thanks anyway for this invaluable program! :-)
rol

Post by rol »

I've discovered some other flags and information stored in the INF file, in addition to the one already described in the INF Format page:

0x065C: Guidance Information string length. (0=no guidance info)
0x0660 up to 0x06F5: Guidance Information text.

0x1904: HD flag (1=HD, 0=SD) (Already known)
0x1906: Subtitles flag (1=present, 0=absent)
0x1908: Teletext flag (1=present, 0=absent)
0x190A: Audio Description flag (1=present, 0=absent)
0x190C: Subtitles for hearing impaired (1=present, 0=absent)
0x190E: ? flag. (1=present, 0=absent) I don't understand the meaning of this flag, but it has an icon in the info panel, made of two hands forming two circles with the thumb and the index finger, like when kids play with virtual binoculars. Perhaps it's the symbol for large subtitles, or something like that.

0x1D0C: Aspect Ratio (0=1:1, 1=4:3, 2=16:9)
0x1D10: Image Definition (0=1080i, 1=1080p, 2=288i, 3=480i, 4=480p, 5=576i, 6=576p, 7=720p)
0x1D18: Minimum Recommended Age (0x01=4 years, 0x02=5 years, 0x03=6 years, and so on up to 0x0F=18 years, or FF=suitable for all or not rated)
0x1D1C: Favourites flags (bits 0-4 for Favourite 1 to 5) (It's not a simple flag!)
0x1D20: Split flag (1=no split) I'm not sure what that flag means, but it seems related to file splitting. I've seen a message about not being able to find the second part when I've played with that flag.

There might be an error in the INF Format page, or perhaps there are slight differences with my version. The CONTENTLANG string doesn't start at 0x190E but at 0x1910 in all inf files I've checked so far. (0x190E is the strange "virtual binocular" flag of the info panel.)

Checked with UE40D6500.

I hope this helps improve your program!

[EDIT] The Subtitles, Teletext and Audio Description flags were in the wrong order, and as a consequence, their addresses were wrong. Fixed.
Last edited by rol on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
rol

Post by rol »

Ramses wrote:If you've not cancelled your transfer this message will be shown if the program cannot detect your partition (disk).
You can edit SamyGoPvrManager.properties and set path=/your/partition/CONTENTS manually.
I can't get it to work. I've added this line in the properties file:
path=/dtv/usb/sda1/CONTENTS
but I still have the "CONTENTS not found" error message.

Can you explain what path exactly must be provided, with a concrete example? Is it a FTP path, or the path relative to the Samba shared folder?

Also, I suggest to modify the error message to display the full path of the folder that is checked. That will greatly help understand why it cannot be found. Thanks!

Return to “[D] Software”