I've noticed that you have added some flags I've discovered in the INF files in your INF format page. Unfortunately, there were 3 errors in the text I've posted here
. These 3 flags were in the wrong order. Here is the correct information:
rol wrote:0x1906: Subtitles flag (1=present, 0=absent)
0x1908: Teletext flag (1=present, 0=absent)
0x190A: Audio Description flag (1=present, 0=absent)
Also, you forgot to add the information about the Guidance Info.
I've also discovered how the Language and Category are saved in the INF file. The full text of the Language and Category is present in the file (translated in the language configured by the user), but I wonder why, as the TV doesn't seem to use them. Instead, it uses the 4 last bytes of the file.
The bytes at 0x1D24 and 0x1D25 is the index (little endian) of the Language string in the list of translated strings. For example, if your TV is configured in English and the values at 0x1D24 and 0x1D25 are 0x14 and 0x02 (0x0214), then the language string displayed by the TV is "English". With the values 0x16 and 0x02 (0x0216), the text is "French". When you change the language of the menus with the settings of the TV to French, the same values point to "Anglais" and "Fran?ais".
Similarly, the address at 0x1D26 and 0x1D27 point to the category translated string. For example, the value 0x028F points to "Sport", and 0x02A4 points to "Movie/Drama".
Note that all strings that the TV needs to translate can be accessed that way. It's funny, as you can display, for example, an error message instead of the category just by modifying the value with a text editor!
Unfortunately, that means also that it is not easy to know for sure what values are really used to represent the language and category string. For example, it seems that all categories are stored between 0x028D and 0x02AB, but it's not so simple for the language strings. They are mainly in the range 0213-0236, but there is a second set at 0269-027A, and "Canadian French" is alone at 02FA. Also, in some cases, a special string is displayed instead of the language. As far as I know, only "Multi" at 020A is used, but I may be wrong. For example, I wonder if the strings "V.O."and "bilingual" can be used to represent the current language. Anyway, here are the values of the indexes I've discovered so far.