[PC] SmartHub Widget Manager app (C/D/E/F series)

Here are software that related with Samsung D series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [PC] SmartHub Widget Manager app (C/D/E/F series)

Post by M11 »

Bjur wrote:Willl this option give the oppotunity to get Netflix working on D8000 FW 1015?
Unfortunately no, you can't install netflix using it.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TOMillr »

I've you just want to push some previously saved app back to a new Samsung tv (got another one for my bedroom), do you have to go through the whole Skype, SamyGo setup process again? Or is it enough to put in the developer account data and push the apps using the Widget Manager?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

best way is to copy your widgets via ftp
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TOMillr »

Hm, but what the point then of using the SmartHub Widget Manager? Just to get the SamyGo app onto the tv for the first time?
myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by myname70 »

Guys, is MAC version is available for test?
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

I'm trying this method with my 40F8000.
I enter SmartHub I select develop and no way to add the password.
I try to connect and it says connected and the green develop icon appears in the left column but I have the connection in progress running and running on the right upper corner of the TV.
I push smarthub and I have access to the develop menu and input IP setting.
After that I posh to the synk and the TV says that the Samygo widget will be automtically installed but after 5 minutes still no progress...

I guess that the issue is with the login to the develop but I cannot rid what I'm doing wrong.
Any suggestion ?

Update and solved: I created another account and than again develop also I change PC and widget installed.
Thanks
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.
TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TOMillr »

Just curious: Does the Widget Manger require the TV to be already rooted with the Skype/SamyGo method? Or does it just use the developer account to push apps to the tv?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

TOMillr wrote:Just curious: Does the Widget Manger require the TV to be already rooted with the Skype/SamyGo method? Or does it just use the developer account to push apps to the tv?
No need to be rooted :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
henras

Post by henras »

I have a little issue on my LE46C755 (2010) in internet@tv - but not sure if it is SammyWidget or the TV:

When I install my apps with SammyWidget everything is fine - until the next time I turn the TV on and enter internet@tv. Then all apps installed with Sammywidget are automatically uninstalled (TV says internet@tv needs to update and then deletes the apps). It doesn't matter if I am logged on as Develop or not.

If I install the same apps from another source on the internet also through the Develop-account, the apps are not automatically deleted. One of the apps is a paid VOD-service, which requires activation after each installation (and only 1 of 5 devices can be changed each month), so it's quite a hassle. And this app is not officially supported for Samsung TV's older than 2012, but otherwise works fine.

What's your best estimate: Is it the apps themselves, the installation through SammyWidget or my aging TV?

EDIT: It appears only to be an issue with the before mentioned Video-app, so maybe this is the app contacting the mothership and getting told, that a Samsung from 2010 is not supported?
TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TOMillr »

Any chance of still getting a Mac port? Would be willing to pitch in ?10 as a donation for it...

Return to “[D] Software”