[PC] DeSTRoi - PVR Content Decrypting (only for C/D series)

Here are software that related with Samsung D series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

Sisternicky

[PC] DeSTRoi - PVR Content Decrypting (only for C/D series)

Post by Sisternicky »

Ok, as promised, I've made a nice little GUI for the whole DRM Decryption TV Thingy ;)
Only for C and D series!
It is an all in one tool that lets you download movie files directly from your TV by FTP and decrypt them. I've rewritten drmdecrypt in .NET for that...
All you need to run the GUI is the .NET Framework 4.0 (avaivable for Windows XP, Vista, 7). It might even run under Linux' Wine :?:
Localized in English and German.
Latest and final version 1.3.3: look here

E,F series is not supported by this tool. Users with those models have to use SamyGO PVRDecoder (a la DeSTRoi) for E/F series.
SpoilerShow
Changes in version 1.3.3:
- Re-enabled and fixed on the fly FTP decoding (now using small memory buffer)
- Added an option to preserve the original filename that some find it useful
- Various GUI tweaks and minor bugfixes

Changes in version 1.3.1:
- Bugfix: Application Info button was missen ... uups :shock:
- Bugfix: SamyINF Parsing bug was fixed (but i don't this function was used before, but not exactly sure...)
- Bugfix: Fixed some type errors
- Improved decryption performance (thanks to emeska)

-- Feature: Added more movie information in the download tab
-- Feature: FTP Downloaded movies can now be double clicked in the decryption list to show detailed movie information (only movies downloaded with this version and above)
-- Feature: Added on the fly decoding (Decode the movie while downloading without temporary files)
-- Feature: Moved some functions on the GUI to make it more easy to use (hopefully)
-- Feature: Added non-anonymous FTP support. You can now enter a username and password for your FTP Server on your TV if you must (but anonymous is still an (the standard) option).

Changes in version 1.2:
-- New FTP Library: hopefully no NULL Downloads any more
-- New INF File Library: No hyroglyphics in movie titles any more and a bunch of new infos
-- "Reserved for future use" streams can now be decrypted
-- Massive performance improvements in FTP and Decrypting
and last but not lease:
-- Improved error reporting :ugeek:
-- Added FTP fallback again for movie listing

Changes in version 1.1:
- Added Drag'n'Drop functionality
- Added List Sorting functionality
- Added MDB Key Retreival support
- Some Minor Bugfixes
Last edited by Sisternicky on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sisternicky

Re: Samsung PVR Content Decrypting tool - final

Post by Sisternicky »

Ok :)

I've uploaded Version 1.1 of my GUI tool.
For changes and download see:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2820&p=29530#p29530
Spoza

Post by Spoza »

Sisternicky wrote:Ok, as promised, I've made a nice little GUI for the whole DRM Decryption TV Thingy ;)
It is an all in one tool that lets you download movie files directly from your TV by FTP and decrypt them. I've rewritten drmdecrypt in .NET for that...
All you need to run the GUI is the .NET Framework 4.0 (avaivable for Windows XP, Vista, 7).
Issues:
- running setup forces you to install the German language pack for .NET FW 4.0... I am not able to run the setup WITHOUT installing it (I DO have .NET FW 4.0 installed already)
- tried to unpack the files manually from the MSI then and run it... DeSTRoi launches and seems to work, but I can't connect to the TV via FTP... selecting the TV's IP from the dropdown still does not enable the Download button, it's greyed out... I can only Open local file and Select output directory...

UPDATE:
Ah, the output directory has to be selected first... that's definitely not obvious from the GUI...
Okay, Download button works now, but... the recordings names look very strange, look at the screenshot (side-by-side witht the SamyGO PVR Manager by Ramses)...
Looks like the info is not read correctly from the INF files... look at the viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3538 thread (and maybe get in touch with Ramses)

UPDATE 2:
Cannot download anything - after selecting any of the titles (even the ones with the correct name) and clicking the Download button it opens another window where it apparently tries to initiate the download, but both windows close after 1-2 seconds without downloading anything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PS59D6900 T-MST5DEUC-1023.0
Spoza

Post by Spoza »

merilix wrote:Here is my own little modification of Dennys nice tool compiled with VS2010 as Win32 and x64.
Strange, it doesn't work for me...
The produced TS file is exactly the same as the SRF (I did a binary comparison). The MDB file is present in the same directory.
And YES, the SRF is encrypted - I can see the key in the MDB (while the unencrypted recordings have all zeros in the MDB instead of the key).

Plus, could you include the speed improvement from viewtopic.php?p=25252#p25252 (it prints the status update less frequently, making the decrypting much faster)?
idbirch
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by idbirch »

Same problem here with the 'Download' option in the GUI tool - nothing happens. I manually FTPd a recording across though and the decryption part works fine (although it seems incredibly slow). Where did the 'retrieve key from .mdb' feature come from?! That's really cool as it saves all that messing with playing the recording TV side and retrieving .key files. Great work fellas.
Sisternicky

Post by Sisternicky »

@idbirch:

the mdb feature came from merilix earlier in this thread. I'm still working on the problems and hope that I should have them solved quickly, as well as performance issues :)
Spoza

Post by Spoza »

Would be nice to add "encryption detection", i.e. to detect if a key really exists in MDB. If the key is missing (i.e. the key is all zeros), then it's no point to bother with decryption as the recording should be decrypted already.

Sisternicky:
Strangely enough, the decrypting part does not work for me.
I see only "Syncing stream..." and a few seconds later (which is quite strange for a 1.8 GB file) it's finished. The produced TS file is binary same as the original SRF.

Is it possible that the encrypted recordings are different on my Mstar TV than the ones on ARM TVs?
FWIW, the recordings made in unencrypted form (i.e. while SamyGO is running) work like a charm - the SRF can be directly played or edited without problems.
Sisternicky

Post by Sisternicky »

Spoza wrote:Would be nice to add "encryption detection", i.e. to detect if a key really exists in MDB. If the key is missing (i.e. the key is all zeros), then it's no point to bother with decryption as the recording should be decrypted already.

Sisternicky:
Strangely enough, the decrypting part does not work for me.
I see only "Syncing stream..." and a few seconds later (which is quite strange for a 1.8 GB file) it's finished. The produced TS file is binary same as the original SRF.

Is it possible that the encrypted recordings are different on my Mstar TV than the ones on ARM TVs?
FWIW, the recordings made in unencrypted form (i.e. while SamyGO is running) work like a charm - the SRF can be directly played or edited without problems.
Hi Spoza,

I believe I know why it does that... The files recorded by the TV are so called Transport Streams. That means, that every 188 bytes, there is a header followed by a data packet. The header gives information about the following datapacket. This information also contains, if the following datapacked is encrypted or not (as defined by the TS Standard). In your case, I'd guess that this bit is not set so that the decryption algorithm thinks (along the standardization quite correctly...) that the following packed is not encrypted. So it just copies it over. So there's the question :). Is the file really encrypted??? Or does Samsung not keep to the standard in your TV Firmware...
Spoza

Post by Spoza »

Okay, here is a first 1 MB of both encrypted and unencrypted recording. Let's see what is confusing the decoding routine.
I don't see anything suspicious, just a valid DVB-C streams with several audio tracks and EIT...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spoza

Post by Spoza »

merilix wrote:I also cant speak about ftp issues, i use samba on TV and "net use V: "\\192.168.1.101\Samsung TV"
on my Windows 7 PC to mount my TV as drive -- works very well :)
Hmmm, samba server doesn't work on Mstar models, I have to use FTP...

Return to “[D] Software”