D series rooting (arm cpu architecture only)

Here is information about customize your D series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

OPENDORE74

Re: D series rooting (arm cpu architecture only)

Post by OPENDORE74 »

Hi! I have a problem.....
My TV is 46D8000 and I have 1018 firmware, I have installed samygo and I'm able to run it.
The problem is that when I syncronize for download all widget only 2 widget are doenloaded...samygo and channelinfo.
What can I do for download all widghet?? What is the correct procedure....? I read all wiki but the resault is the same only 2 widget.

Thanks in advance for your help!
OPENDORE74

Post by OPENDORE74 »

No new's for me????
steiny

Post by steiny »

Till now, there are only those 2 SmayGo widgets.
Or what you mean with "all widghet" ?
---------------------------------------
UE46D6540
OPENDORE74

Post by OPENDORE74 »

I mean this:

1 Ivi
2 NetPlayer
3 nKTVplayer
4 nMuzungaTV
5 nRuHD+SD.TV
6 nStreamPlayer
7 nYouTubeHD3D
8 Online Video Player
9 Plex

I remember one year ago when installed for the first time it was possible download 9 widget.....now what can I do for install??
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

1. Make backup of now installed widgets over ftp or samba to your pc.
2. Search for 3rd party Widgets to sync, here are some ip addresses for develop server on the internet, especially on russian pages (bt.loraart.ru allrussia.net and so on...).
3. After you install widgets, restore samygo from backup back to tv.

We don't serve our server for third party widgets because we can't control and handle issues like freezing installation of SamyGo due problems on other hosts and low activity on woting, where result was to leave just those two widgets.
We just serve widgets required to get root access to tv. All other widgets are care of yourself. Also check signature of arris69, you will see smth useful there ;-)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
OPENDORE74

Post by OPENDORE74 »

mmm..thanks for info...I tryed to serch IP on loraat.ru but it is russian and for me is a bit difficult....have another idea????
rol

Post by rol »

Confirmed working on UE40D6500 with T-GASDEUC-1018.0 and the Hospitality mode hack. :-)
Huge thanks!

However, I have a few questions.

In the wiki, the following path is often referenced: /mtd_down/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/
But with my TV, that path doesn't exist. The path on my machine seems to be: /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO
Someone can explain why it is different? Can I assume that replacing /mtd_down/ with /mtd_rwcommon/ in the instructions will work as expected?
(Sorry if it's a noob question. I'm not a Linux king, although I have some basis.)

Also, I would like to enable the PVR scrambling removal hack. Currently, my recordings are still encrypted. The wiki explains that /mtd_down/widget/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/etc/init.d/01_04_pvr_drm_disable.init is the key for removing the DRM, but I can't find that file. I have /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/etc/init.d/01_04_server_replacement.init instead. Why? Do I need to install also the DRM switcher hack?

I have connected a disc partitioned in two parts. The first partition is XFS and contains the recordings made with the TV and the timeshift. The second partition has been formatted under Win7 in NTFS, and I use it as a data disc to store movies and DVD rips. Both partitions can be seen via FTP and Samba, but the NTFS partition is read-only. I can't write it via Samba or FTP. Is it possible to access it with read and write permissions? How?
Last edited by rol on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rol

Post by rol »

I forgot the last question. Is it preferable to disable the updates of the TV firmwares? If it's the case, how can I do it? (I haven't found any option in the service menu for that purpose.)

[EDIT] I've found how to disable the firmware updates: service menu -> control -> sub option -> OTN -> OTN support : off
However, I'm still wondering if disabling the updates is necessary, as the hack works fine with the current firmware, and it may continue to work after any update. Of course, the next update may also disable SamyGo and/or install a new protection.
rol

Post by rol »

Yet another question: it seems that the TV still doesn't play the TS files (created with the TV and decrypted with DeSTRoi). Is it because I have a recent firmware and I had to install the hospitality hack? If yes, is it something I can do to enable the TS playback support?

Thanks in advance for any help.
rol

Post by rol »

I have also noticed that the Samba share takes ages to become available from Windows. After the TV is turned on, I must wait approx. 7 minutes before I can open the folder in Explorer. (It seems that most other SamyGo tools have the same problem, but the FTP access works almost immediately.)

Is it normal? Perhaps there is a SamyGo tool that cannot start (due to the restricted firmware I am using with the hospitality hack), and there is a very long timeout.

Is it something to do to accelerate the SamiGo and/or Samba startup?

Return to “[D] Firmware”