D series rooting (arm cpu architecture only)

Here is information about customize your D series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

tchleb

Re: D series rooting (arm cpu architecture only)

Post by tchleb »

I have the same problem at this time
fourier

Post by fourier »

Hi,
had a small progress and now new problems.
Connection to 149.154.159.134 worked today: SamyGO app was installed (ChannelInfo also).
After that i started SamyGO (screen went black for a few seconds and came back into SmartHub).

Now my current problem:
Connecting to TV by telnet or ftp fails. ftp and telnet return "connection refused". I've tried different ports for telnet (23, 1023, 2023).
I've verified that there is NO firewall rule denying the traffic, so firewall is no problem here.
I've also switched TV off and on again (and then restarted SamyGO) to no avail.

Anyone an idea why i cannot connect to TV by ftp or telnet ?
Again, TV is on FW 1026; could this be the source of this problem ? Anyone out there with FW > 1020 who can successfully connect to TV by ftp or telnet ?

Any idea, pointer, link, help, even just a "moooo" are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
tchleb

Post by tchleb »

You need the hospital hack. Without hh samygo is only possible =>1016 fw
fourier

Post by fourier »

Ok, thanks for the input.
Did you succeed with the Hospitality mode hack ?
And one more question: do i need the SamyGO app at all when installing the Hospitality mode hack ?

Regards.
blueScholar

Post by blueScholar »

========= SOLVED SEE NEXT POST ==========

Hello everyone

Thank you very much for the great tutorials!!
It worked perfect with an downgread to the samygo-Firmware and then installing the SamyGo-App on my UE37D6500.

Now I have a little Problem. We would Like to analyze the newest used Browser version on the TV. The one running at the moment is quite old, from ~2011. Is there any way we can update / upgrade the Firmware and/or Browser and still using the root shell?

Im perfectly fine with donating to SamyGo for any solutions, where we have a root shell on the newest version.
Thank you very much for any help!!

Cheers!
blueScholar
Last edited by blueScholar on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueScholar

Post by blueScholar »

Hey Guys,
I solved my Problem from above ^ and got the (root) shell on the newest firmware (27) by downgrading the Firmware to 13 (factory reset or as shown in this tutorial), attached my Shell to the browser Software on the tv, which is one of the only places which does not get flashed when upgraded. Afterwards i made the firmware upgrade as usual and get the shell by starting the browser.
Its a very simple process, if your still interessted into the details, please write here and i post the scripts.

cheers
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Yes, interested. Please :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
blueScholar

Post by blueScholar »

Hey,

Ok, I hope your not disapointed couse its an extremly simple process.

1. We rooted the TV from an old firmware with the SamyGo tutorial. Thanks so much for this!!

2. If you wanna keep your root shell persistent, you need to put it somewhere where you can start it and where it does not get deleted.
By looking into the Firmware-Upgrade Images we saw, that basically everything gets overwritten beside the installed Apps.
Here the "native" apps from Samsung are apperantly allowed to use "real code". So we picked one of them. The Web-Browser App was perfect for this, couse we found an launcher.sh script in the bin folder. The App was for us at the following location: "/mtd_down/widgets/normal/20111000001/".

3. Make it persisten. First we updated the browser to the newest version, so we avoid an update after we changed some stuff at the browser.
Next we need a tool which allows us to make a bind shell after all the Samy stuff is gone. So we were preatty lazy and copied the busybox from the samy binaries. YOU NEED TO COPY THE busybox FROM THE SAMY BINS not the one form /bin/busybox couse this one has less functions.
So copy (cp) the busybox from your SAMY bin folder to:

Code: Select all

/mtd_down/widgets/normal/20111000001/bin/
Now we make our shell. First we tried to add our shell to louncher.sh... didnt work, so we went more drastic and replaced the WebkitBrowserLauncher .
Make all the Steps.

1. Connect to your tv and:

cp [... Your SamyGo Busybox, somewhere in the SamyGo Binaries]  /mtd_down/widgets/normal/20111000001/bin/
cd /mtd_down/widgets/normal/20111000001/bin
mv WebkitBrowserLauncher WebkitBrowserLauncher.backup
2. Create local a file called "WebkitBrowserLauncher" (NO .SH or anything else !!) with following content:

#!/bin/sh
/mtd_down/widgets/normal/20111000001/bin/busybox nc -lp1707 -e "/mtd_down/widgets/normal/20111000001/bin/sh" &
/mtd_down/widgets/normal/20111000001/bin/WebkitBrowserLauncher.backup
3. Upload the created file with FTP into the /mtd_down/widgets/normal/20111000001/bin folder. Make sure its still called WebkitBrowserLauncher

4. Create a busybox sh + make everything executable

cd /mtd_down/widgets/normal/20111000001/bin
ln -s ./busybox sh
chmod +x *
5. TEST IT BEFORE YOU UPGRADE
Herefore your TV needs network connection. Start the browser in the smart hub.
and run from your machine (nc or telnet wor whatever you like)
nc [TVIP] 1707

If it works, upgrade the firmware :) i had to do it over usb, obgrade over network didnt work

If you have any questions you can ask ofcourse

Have fun!
ngoctan2309

Post by ngoctan2309 »

I ve installed sam in my ua40d6600
buts after thst i dont know how to connect to my tv
there is a vir usb connecting in my tv and still dont know how to do with it
Could you guys help me????
DmK

Post by DmK »

look like all synchro servers is dead `?
ue40d6100

Return to “[D] Firmware”