D series rooting (arm cpu architecture only) UPDATE!

Here is information about customize your D series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

Kilrah

Re: D series rooting (arm cpu architecture only) UPDATE!

Post by Kilrah »

Hmm I did a test and can answer my own question. So, recording will stop with an error if the 4GB file size limit is hit on a FAT32 drive. That's only 39mins of 720p HD. Means I can't use FAT32 like I wanted. I'll just continue to access my hard drive through the network to transfer recordings instead of plugging it directly to the PC and enjoy 3x faster transfers.

I reverted to the "original" game.so. It was VERY nice to have SamyGO run so much faster, but I need to be able to leave my drive plugged in and not have to disconnect and reconnect it after SamyGO is executed on every boot.
Denny
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by Denny »

in my eye , usb pen for recirding is just a game, 4-8-16 GB... that is nothing, maybee usefull for timeshift, but even not that,
the point why this is patched is very simple, if some just need to test recording etc... he realy do not need to delete (reformat) the pen and lose all stored data on it.

i personly recoment always 1 TB and more HDD, mounted to SamyGO Viritual USB device , with updated game.so, you can record direct to the HDD, without to copy/move the recordings around,

about the speed of loading samygo (run faster) i must say not realy , there is just the 1-2-3 seconds to show on OSD what is going on that you also see what is hapening, 1st release and 2nd release maybee that the time difference is around 0,5 seconds more coz of the 4 or 5 patches that has been added,
also in second release you are abel to develop and copy your own native applications and run it from smarthub.

choice is always at end user what to take ^..^
Denny - 데니 - 丹尼 (card2000)
UE55C8000 UE55D8000 UE32D6510 BD-C9600 3xDM8000
Reversing HW Demux Drivers and API from Samsung´s TV
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Denny wrote:i personly recoment always 1 TB and more HDD, mounted to SamyGO Viritual USB device , with updated game.so, you can record direct to the HDD, without to copy/move the recordings around
Yep well, everybody has it's own way of doing things - personally I'll record on the TV, then move to PC, remove advertisements, reencode to transfer to iPad or such... I have an old 80GB HDD plugged in the TV and it should be enough.

Denny wrote:about the speed of loading samygo (run faster) i must say not realy , there is just the 1-2-3 seconds to show on OSD what is going on that you also see what is hapening
With the patched game.so from this thread yes, but with the "Standard" app synchronised from the server (1 week ago) when launching SamyGO it takes about 20-30 seconds to run, mostly waiting after the second line (Checking PVR DRM).
trappa

Post by trappa »

after updating and disabling the remi nfs record script my tv displays the message "not enough space on device ....."

my nfs mount is mounted but not instead of root in 192.168.1.253 -> Recordings

how do i mount my nfs to root of samygo virt usb

whats wrong

thx for help
Denny

Post by Denny »

1st Post updated

Added Big Yellow Font patch for Subtitle , size of font seted to 0x25
Added ChannelInfo refers to McFly?s Standalone App
ailiev

Post by ailiev »

Big Yellow works great on d6530 - fw 1015.1 !! I love you for this!!

Only one request ... how can i make my own font size? Im a little bit nearsighted and 25 is a little small for me....
Denny

Post by Denny »

ailiev wrote:Big Yellow works great on d6530 - fw 1015.1 !! I love you for this!!

Only one request ... how can i make my own font size? Im a little bit nearsighted and 25 is a little small for me....

i have try 0x30 as size, but then i get up 3 lines of Subtitle, so 0x30 is to big, so i take choice with 0x25, i can check out what is the max size of font , where i dont get 3 lines and repost.

@saman, x/y cordinates i did not touch, they must be found in exeDSP.

for me was alredy difficult with subtitle as i never used it before(am watching only audio-sync-in-german movies), some introduce me how to see it , then was posible to find functions.

Return to “[D] Firmware”