Hospitality mode hack (for D6 series only) - updated

Here is information about customize your D series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

rolinenik

Re: Hospitality mode hack (for D6 series only) - updated

Post by rolinenik »

Ok, I will not try to create the script files by myself. But what was wrong. I was unsure about one thing only. The wiki says: Make "Clone USB to TV" and than Power off TV. But the tv restarts after make clone usb to tv. Should I wait for restart is finished (and how long should I wait, just to see the tv picture?) or switch off tv during the restart? Does the hack anything during the restart?
Maggus

Hospitality mode hack (for D6 series only) - updated

Post by Maggus »

Hey samygo-Freaks,

i have read here now for hours, but i can't find one user with a simular Probem.

I had downgrade my samy D6500 from 1026 to 1013 with the samyGo methode from this page --> everthing went smoth!

Now i have installed samygo-Apps --> everthing is also fine! Recording from CI+ card channels , ftp Login, scripts aso ... everthing is cool. TOP work guys !!

Last friday i would record a tv-Show and i was not at home. I configured a scedule into the channelmanager, I think everthing is good and went smoth like anything else ... but not ---> the App could not start in Standby - i find some threads to this problem, the Key --> hospitality hack :D

I have done everything like it is descripted in the Wiki, FTP-Access works fine without starting samygo-app --> the hack is done :)

But now i have a problem, the recording from ci+ channels is not working. The Return of the error Message is the same if no samyGo is enabled/started without HH before.

I start the SamyGo-App manual and NOW i can record ci+ channels or whith ticker, but that was not my solution ... It should not possible to Start the samyGo App in Smart-Hub or? It should Start automaticly By Startup or scheduled record ...

I try all this different firmware-versions 1016, 1021, 1027 with samyGo and HH

everytime when i update the firmware, i had delete Start.sh and samygo.sh and uninstall the samygo-Apps from the old Firmware and then i start the update. In every version the same cautious ?! Ok in Versions above 1016 i can't open the SamyGO-App but that's normally ...

Can anyone help me to find my mistake?

kind regards

Maggus
gorthon2

Post by gorthon2 »

Hi Maggus,
why would you downgrade? Hospitality Hack works with 1026, and starts up so much faster! Also, 1026 has some improvements over 1013, like faster SmartHub.

Is there any advantage in running old firmware or old (non-hospitality) SamyGo?
Maggus

Post by Maggus »

Hi gorthon2,

the first thing i have read is about the samyGo App and the App is just working at least 1016 and i try that. In the Second step i have read about the HH and i have try it too with the old Firmware 1016, it should work with the firmware also.

My Problem is that i dont find any Logs whats wrong and why samyGo dont start.

I have orderd the Parts for the ex-Link cable ...
sonic99

Post by sonic99 »

Hello ,
first of all, great work from you.
But it does not work for me on a german UE 46D 6500.
Cloning works, both files (start.sh and samygo.sh) are in /mtd_rwarea/
But no FTP possible.
Downgraded to 1013 (really easy work...) and started samygo via app....works...

Can someone post a working samygo.sh , so i could compare it with my samygo.sh. (seems not correct, found a path, not existing on my TV !)

thanks a lot

Thomas
gorthon2

Post by gorthon2 »

here is mine:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
#Code for SamyGO Extensions
while [ "$(lsmod | grep -c storage)" -lt 1 ] ; do
        echo "SamyGO: Wait for usb_storage"
        while [ "$(route -n | grep -c UG)" -lt 1 ] ; do
                echo "SamyGO: wait for network"
                sleep 1
        done
        sleep 1
done

#Emergency script from USB
if [ -e /dtv/usb/sda1/run.sh ]; then
	 /bin/sh +x /dtv/usb/sda1/run.sh &
	 echo "emergency script from USB started"
fi

#shell on 2023 port and ftp on 21 port
if [ -e /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/bin/busybox ]; then
/mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/bin/busybox nc -l -l -p 2023 -e /bin/sh &
/mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/bin/busybox tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/bin/busybox ftpd -w / &
fi

#"Your Lines Here"
echo "+---------------------------------------------------+"
echo "|                                                   |" 
echo "|   [SamyGO/INFO] Starting SamyGO All extensions    |"
echo "|                                                   |" 
echo "+---------------------------------------------------+"
if [ -e /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/rcSGO ]; then
echo "SamyGO Extensions found!"
/bin/sh -x /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO/rcSGO /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO /dtv/usb/sda1/rcSGO_out 2>&1 &
fi
exit
dutchy82

Post by dutchy82 »

Hi All,

I have an ue46d6500 with a 1028 firmware version. With firmware version I have installed the SamGo App but when I execute the app nothing happens. Probably because the 1028 version is not supported. Who know`s if the wrong firmware version is the problem and can help me to downgrade the firmware to the right one. I already tried the downgrade POC but this didn`t work.

Please advice
60plus

Post by 60plus »

I have the 1028 and Samygo funktioniert.Ftp and Web Interface, Mount NFS etc function. You have the samygo.sh in mtd_rwarea / edit the Samygo programs to load.

mfg
60plus
UE37D6530 T-GASDEUC-1028 Samygo Hospitality mode hack
gorthon2

Post by gorthon2 »

I have the hospitality hack on my ue40d6500, which in general is working. However, I have the following problem: when not interacting with the TV while streaming something from the Internet or watching TV after having at least accessed Internet once, the following happens: After exactly 26 minutes of watching, the TV freezes completely. Only help is turning it off and on again.

Has anyone else observed this? Could it be related to the hospitality hack? It did not happened before I installed the hospitality hack.
naples18

Post by naples18 »

Hello, i've installed SamyGo on UE32D6100 T-GAS6DEUC 1016, but when i open it, doesn't work. Why? I've to follow this guide?

Return to “[D] Firmware”