TV D-Series Firmware Downgrade (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Here is information about customize your D series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

AlbaJoeReturns

Re: Firmware Downgrade D-Series (SamyGO Proof of Concept)

Post by AlbaJoeReturns »

Great work !!!

Unfortunately I am having problems though:

1.Go to network settings and as DNS server enter (46.4.199.222), exit the menu and switch the TV off and on again. (It is only necessary that the TV shows a connection to the router, not being able to establish an Internet connection is normal)
2.Go to "software update" and choose "online", it will be found and downloaded a version 1090 or 1091.
3.You will be asked whether to install the update now or later, or not at all. Select "Update now". The TV will turn off and begin the update. This may take a while, so be patient and wait until it has finished, never disconnect the power, then you once had a television-set.
4.If the TV is finished, go to "contact Samsung" and verify that there now the 1015 version is displayed. If yes, then you have successfully performed the downgrade.
5.Change the DNS-Server in the network settings back to normal. If you do not, the TV has no internet connection and you are also banned from SamyGo server after 2 days.
6.Then you go to software update again, you will see also the 1015 version here.
7.Now you can install all firmwares newer than 1015 via USB.

I got to step 4 but it still says T-GAP8DUEC-1021.2 ???????????
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by arris69 »

Think you not did 3. ...
AlbaJoeReturns

Post by AlbaJoeReturns »

I did m8 .... it actually showed a download bar too but on restart there was no change to the FW ???

Also how many times can I try without getting banned from the server ... how will i know if i am banned ?
arris69

Post by arris69 »

AlbaJoeReturns wrote:I did m8 .... it actually showed a download bar too but on restart there was no change to the FW ???

Also how many times can I try without getting banned from the server ... how will i know if i am banned ?
plays no role, downgrade and thats it.

but just for your information: your device submits an invalid DUID, it downloaded the image files correctly, dunno why it not toggle to the new one.
try to make a factory reset and then try again, follow steps exactly from tutuorial.

if you not get the firmware istalled then it's something strange/broken with your tv. in this case i'ts better you don't try to install it.

hth
arris
AlbaJoeReturns

Post by AlbaJoeReturns »

OK think I have it now. It obviously didnt actually install but went into "alternative software" ...... I went in there and found the firmware and installed it from there ....d oh!!!
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

Just refering to step 7

Is this the only way to Install newer firmware now?...and the online method will not work.

I want to install 1018.1, I don't know how to change the version number as mentioned in another post as Moines has told me. So my only option is via Usb?:sad:
arris69

Post by arris69 »

Sammy wrote:Just refering to step 7

Is this the only way to Install newer firmware now?...and the online method will not work.

I want to install 1018.1, I don't know how to change the version number as mentioned in another post as Moines has told me. So my only option is via Usb?:sad:
make a factory reset then you can install any higher version from usb, for online install it's also not sure that samsung has some version for your device active and if yes it's a restricted version withouth any bugfix...
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

Thanks now installed 1018 via usb.:grin:
AlbaJoeReturns

Post by AlbaJoeReturns »

Oh btw

PS51D8000 Dowgrade from T-GAP8DUEC-1021.2 to 1015

Will report back with feedback

BTW how do you stop the samusung automatically updating again ?
AlbaJoeReturns

Post by AlbaJoeReturns »

arris69 wrote:
Sammy wrote:Just refering to step 7

make a factory reset then you can install any higher version from usb, for online install it's also not sure that samsung has some version for your device active and if yes it's a restricted version withouth any bugfix...
I have seen this "factory reset" a few times, is it "best practise" ? maybe include it in your guide?

Return to “[D] Firmware”