I would like to watch Netflix on my UE40D6200 TV. While according to https://support.netflix.com/en/node/2250 my TV is supported in general, it turns out that whether or not Netflix works not only depends on the "Internet Region Setting" (or whatever Samsung calls it), but also on the firmware of the TV. While things probably work fine on the north american version of this TV (UN40D6200), trying to start the Netflix Smart Hub Application on my TV results in hanging during "Connecting...". This behaviour has also been confirmed by http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/ ... samsung-tv
So, my main question is: How do I get this to work?
Other questions are:
- Is it possible to replace the T-GAS6DEUC firmware with T-GASAKUC in order to make this work and does that actually make sense (considering PAL vs. NTSC etc.)?
- Is there another way of fixing this problem? Maybe only copying missing files over from the latest T-GASAKUC firmware to my T-GAS6DEUC firmware.
- Is it possible to download and analyse the Netflix Smart Hub Application in order to see what exactly is going during the hanging?
Thanks in advance.
PS: I do have a valid account and am paying for the Netflix service.
follow these next steps in the exact same order;
1. Downgrade your firmware according to this thread viewtopic.php?t=4199#p32144
to check, after you're done and have restarted your device go into the menu, software upgrade option and check if it says "current version 001011"
2. Once you've downgraded and have restarted your TV, start smarthub, while in smarthub press the following buttons on your remote in this order
>> (forward speed button on your remote)
<< (backward speed button on your remote)
you will now be prompted with a drop down menu listing all countries supported by your TV, choose "The United States" and press accept, now wait untill smarthub updates and shows you the netflix app in smarthub.
3. Register on https://www.unblock-us.com/ you will get a 7-days free trial
4. Follow the instuctions in the following link on the unblock-us.com website to change the DNS settings on your pc or tablet https://www.unblock-us.com/how-to-set-up/ this is really important because you need to register your netflix app from a device that has the same ip as your tv.
5. Now change the DNS settings of your samsung TV according to the instructions on this link https://support.unblock-us.com/customer ... les/963325
6. Start the netflix app on your tv, it should work now, but you can only register your TV (after getting an activation code) from a pc/phone/tablet that has the same DNS settings as your TV.