Samsung UE46D6510WSXZG I need the US Firmware

Here is information about customize your D series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

GigiGigi

Samsung UE46D6510WSXZG I need the US Firmware

Post by GigiGigi »

Hi,

Ich have the TV mentioned above. At the moment I?m trying to get an american Firmware for my device since with the Europeen Firmware it doesen?t open the Netflix app. My country settings are allready switched to the US and also I use unblock-us to fake my position. On another page I read that netflix checks somehow the firmware and since it is a Europeen one it will not open.

Which Firmware can I use? I checked allready if theire is a similar modell maybe named UN46D6510 but I only found these two:

Samsung UN46D6500
Samsung UN46D6300

Can I use this Firmware or will it damage my TV.

Thanks
GigiGigi

Re: Samsung UE46D6510WSXZG I need the US Firmware

Post by GigiGigi »

Hi If anybody is interrested.

I figured it out now - my netflix is working. I made an downgrade of my software Version as it is described in the samygo forum.
Works flawless, but make sur to deactivate the automatic update...

cheers
nobodyXXL

Post by nobodyXXL »

Hello GigiGigi,

I've described the same problem over here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5847
On another page I read that netflix checks somehow the firmware and since it is a Europeen one it will not open.
My theory is they implemented Netflix using a Smart Hub App that uses something special to Netflix in the firmware. And the european models just don't have Netflix support in the firmware.

Which firmware version did you end up downgrading to?

Cheers
GigiGigi

Post by GigiGigi »

Sorry I don?t know exactly. But I used the procedure as descirbed on the samygo page.
cheers

Return to “[D] Firmware”