Upgrade firmware back to latest.

Here is information about customize your D series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

emesma

Upgrade firmware back to latest.

Post by emesma »

Hi all. I 've been searching the forum for a couple of hours now on how to let upgrade my UN40D6050 TV upgrade to the latest official firmware with no luck at all.

The problem is that I lost Netflix app when downgraded for rooting purposes and know the SamyGo widget. Now the family has been pushing me to install again Netflix. I think is just a matter of editing a text file to let Samsung my actual firmware version or something similar but as I said before, can't find anything yet. I think this issue should be in the Wiki.

thanks in advance for pointing me to the right direction.

Regards
filque

Re: Upgrade firmware back to latest.

Post by filque »

Hi, nobody know on this forum how to revert TV to original firmware, no tutorials, no info, no help. Never try again to hack your TV with SamyGo firmware, this is one way ticket....
Cmurf

Post by Cmurf »

Hi guys, I managed to go back to the latest firmware

I have a UN46D6450 tv I dont know if this can work on other models but this is what I did

1. Go to the service menu and perform a Factory Reset ( In my TV you turn off the tv and press mute 1 8 2 power to access the service menu )
2. Extract the new firmware to an USB stick and connect it to the TV
3. Go to menu > support > software upgrade > by USB

It should find the new firmware and ask you if you want to update it

By any chance some has a T-GASAKUC-1023.2? the latest Netflix app (3.10301) doesnt work with the 1019 and i want to try with other firmware
emesma

Post by emesma »

I can confirm Cmurf's solution. I did the same, installed firmware gotten from Samsung's web page using a usb dongle. Didn't perform any factory reset thought.

Return to “[D] Firmware”