Samsung 40D5000 - T-Con board compatibility

This forum is for information related with D series hardware.

nicenc

Samsung 40D5000 - T-Con board compatibility

Post by nicenc »

Hello,

Doens anybody know fi the board
cpwbx runtk duntk 4818 tp https://spares2repair.co.uk/images/sams ... P%20ZZ.jpg

is compatible with:
s100fapc2lv0.3
https://spares2repair.co.uk/images/sams ... 2LV0.3.jpg

First code is coming from my broken tv (made in china) (TV starts but it doesn't show any image - backlit ON - black image) - reset with EXIT pressed for 13 sec works but image is still black (i tested it in blind, by knowin the steps and responses of tv).
The second board is from a same model 40D5500 (made in czech republik) but 3 moths newer and the main board is revision B while the broken one has revision A (BN41-01660A).

I have the posiblity to test the boards but i m afraid not to burn the working ones by combining them with mines.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Samsung 40D5000 - T-Con board compatibility

Post by juusso »

From my experience: if revision differs by only one letter, but the rest code is equal, then this usually means boards are crosscompatible. I can`t say this is the rule, but at least mainboards are so.

But in your case i doubt you need T-CON board. I think your mainboard is broken, not T-CON. How did you realize about T-CON issue?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
nicenc

Post by nicenc »

I dont know that T-Con is the issue for sure but i have tried to measure the voltages at the T-Con input and i get 12,37 V.
Then i have measured the input voltages on the data cable and i see around 1,2-1,3 V so my conclusion is that the T-Con board is receiving data.
After this i measures the output on the test points before LCD cables and there i get 0,2-0,3 V - meaning no Video Signal in my opinion.

Anyway, im not sure about this testing precision (found on the internet) and i wanted to eliminate by replacing the t-con with a compatible one and i got to my first question.
nicenc

Post by nicenc »

Ca you please tell me if the 13V current should pass through this piece? I have 12,7 V only at one end.

Part of t-con:
CADD80FF-E44B-47E7-9F2B-96827D14D43B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[D] Hardware”