D series SoC eeprom research

This forum is for information related with D series hardware.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: D series SoC eeprom research

Post by juusso »

WP->GND
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5042&start=80#p38815

If you don`t touch WP it will stay write protected. But for reading it is not needed, just for changing values.

6.5sec... not much. You have to read it in portions.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
nroberto13

Post by nroberto13 »

juuso, thanks for the reply on the other thread. My TV reboots every 2 seconds. I guess it's too short time to do anything with the EEprom, what do you think?
Here's a video of the TV bootloop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdYjrU_B7Jw
hedak

Post by hedak »

@nroberto13:

From experience of my C7700 i can tell you that micom EEPROM (used for toggling partition sets) is powered in tv's standby. So you should be able to unplug tv from power to stop cyclic reboot and replug power --> tv is now in standby and not yet in reboot loop. You were now able to access this (and maybe the other) EEPROM via I2C access, e.g. using arduino or teensy board.

Please post the link to other thread you talk about.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I think time is not enough to do something. It goes to reboot to quick. I even don`t see any chance if you had full shell access.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

nroberto13

Post by nroberto13 »

@hedak, the thing is that once I plug the tv to outlet, it starts bootlooping, it doesn't stay in standby but turns on automatically when I plug to power, so no chance to put tv in standby I'm afraid :(. Here's the other topic viewtopic.php?t=5042.

Any other ideea how to find out which IC causes the boot loop so I can try to reflow it?
hedak

Post by hedak »

The problem you describe there sounds really bad :/ I think juuso is right: Even if you got some exlink debug output that would most probably not help you. For example my tv prints a lot of error message during boot by default so figuring out which chip is defect will still be hard. Also reflowing isn't that simple. Buying a new tv would save you a lot of time...

You could most probably power the SoC EEPROM (where service menu settings are stored) externally with tv unplugged. But therefore you would need a (good) power supply (IIRC 3.3V) as all devices sharing the same VCC pin will be powered too.
nroberto13

Post by nroberto13 »

I see. Just came around a main taken from a 46D8000, the part number is the same BN41-01622C. do you think it would fit my 40d8000? does it matter if the display size differs? I assume the number of pixels are the same. Am I wrong?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

display size between 40-46 should be ok. If part number is same, where is the problem then? :)

nroberto13

Post by nroberto13 »

the thing is there are 2 part numbers, one printed on the bord bn41-01622c which is the same on both, even on the d7000 is the same. but there's one more part-number on the label sticked on the board which differs, mine is BN94-4313R, and the 46d8000 one is BN94-4313S ... , I'm just guessing that the PN printed on the board is the HW version and the PN on the label would be related to SW version...

Return to “[D] Hardware”